View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
melsgems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2011, 09:16 AM
Zeita had something like this once, her poo was very pinky colour and had strands in it almost like spaghetti. She was diagnosed with Colitis and given tabs and some paste, she was perfectly fine in herself but her poos were sometimes bright red for a couple of days. May be its the same. Hope its nothing too nasty for her
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

11-11-2011, 09:20 AM
Originally Posted by melsgems View Post
Zeita had something like this once, her poo was very pinky colour and had strands in it almost like spaghetti. She was diagnosed with Colitis and given tabs and some paste, she was perfectly fine in herself but her poos were sometimes bright red for a couple of days. May be its the same. Hope its nothing too nasty for her
To be honest H, that was my first thought, she has touch of colitis, bandit was a sufferer, and his poo would be like that sometimes..

But as you say if you are worried speak to vet,
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2011, 10:30 AM
Thanks everyone, you're putting my mind at rest here along with the vet!!!

Went straight to the vet at 8.30 with me box and with Zena. He said he'd never seen anything like it either and although it looks pretty horrendous, he said he's certain it's mucous, be it bright red jelly with strange tubular bits in it

He said he's not TOO concerned, purely because the other half of the poo is formed, and this red stuff was the LAST bit! Had it been the first or all of it, then he would be very concerned, don't ask me why that makes a difference though He also doesn't want to give her ab's yet.

He's sending the whole lot off for an examination of parasites along with some other things. The irritabe bowel was mentioned yet again, along with the dreaded endescope and stomach scans and biopsies, BUT, he said because she seems normal in herself, let's get the sample checked out first and take it from there.

I got back and walked her for an hour in the hope that she might produce another poo, because if it's the same as this last lot, then I've got to take her back in Sadly, she only does these two poo's in the morning, rarely anything else, perhaps one in the evening if I'm lucky, but the main thing is, if she eats today and stays pretty normal, then I suppose I'll just have to wait and see what the test results come back with.

Why can't my life be normal

I should have thought about photographing it Kirsty, but I was too busy with that magnifying glass, me glasses and a poking stick lol!

I'm so glad some of your dogs have done similar, it's helped put my mind at rest, although have to say, I've had blood before lots of times, either streaked or globuled but nothing quite like this! It honestly looked like somebody had dumped half a pomegranite on top of this poo, very scarey indeed I wanna know what all the "bits" are in there!!

Do dogs get redworm like horses do I wonder, coz some of those darker red bits resembled those, maggot size? Oh dear, I do hope you're not still eating your brekkie here!!!!

Thanks again, I'm such a worrier, but you would have been the same if you'd seen this lot!
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2011, 11:09 AM
I'm glad Zena is still not showing any ill effects and the results come back normal!!
lisa01uk87
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2011, 11:18 AM
just caught this, i glad zena is feeling ok in herself, and lets hope that the results come back normal x

in the meantime, try (i mean try) not to worry too much about it, there isn't much you can do until the results are back anyway and just keep an eye on her x

{hugs} to you xxxx
Deb/Pugglepup
Almost a Veteran
Female 

11-11-2011, 11:26 AM
Sorry, just back on.....

Hope our Gorgeous Zena is okay H. I must admit, reading what you saw, I would have done exactly the same as you!

You did the best thing going straight to the vet with red poo, but it could be something as simple as a slight irritation in her tum. She does have history of tummy trouble doesn't she?

Fingers Crossed H that everything is okay or easily treatable once the results come back.

Sending Doggy Vibes from Me, Molly & Mindy xx
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2011, 11:28 AM
Oh Helen! It would be so good to get this poo problem sorted out!! Now I can verify that Zena doesn't eat anything on her walks. She is totally focused to Helen and that ball!

I will keep everything crossed that the results come back as normal and this is just 'one of those things'. Alfie is fine at the moment. Actually, he ate some bird seed at a friends which dried up his poo a little too much! What a worry these dogs are. Massive hugs to you and Zena xxxxxxx
WhichPets
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2011, 12:02 PM
Hope zena is ok, glad the vets think it's nothing to worry about too much.

Keep us updated with the test results and zenas future poops. Good job we are all responsible owners and pick up their poop or you would never have known. The amount of people who let their dogs poop in the distance and don't pick it up is astonishing!

Wishing you and zena all the best
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2011, 12:09 PM
I kept scrolling down slowly in case a photo appeared!

Hugs to you both and fingers crossed all is well.How long do you have to wait?
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

11-11-2011, 12:09 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
even though that stopped after the last worming session 2 weeks ago.
Maybe the last remains of worms Don't know but your vet should be able to tell you. OK just seen your post where he's had a look at it so now it just needs the report from the lab.

And of course I do hope it's nothing sinister, keep us posted please.
Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »