Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2011, 04:39 PM

Numpties Afternoon Out! Grrrrrrrrrr

So decided to take Meg and Tyler out together this afternoon,O/H in charge of Meg,I walk Tyler

All good until we nearly get to the lake,we had a little ****-zu cross have a go at Meg which of course winds her up for the rest of her walk,we then get to the lake whereby she encounters an offlead yorkie charging her growling and barking and the owner takes great delight in not recalling his dog even with Meg doing her nut

Next up was an off lead lurcher again came over having ago,poor Meg was beside herself at this point,she had 3 offlead dogs running at her within 10 mins,O/H did well with her and kept her under control and was extremely calm,I would have lost the plot.

We then encountered a loose cocker spaniel and another yorkie on a long flexi lead,neither called back so I waited and shouted to the owners to do something about there dogs,they just looked at us like we had two heads
So I said to O/H just to carry on if they get bitten tough because I've just about had enough off numpty bloody owners!
O/H walked infront of me with Meg again doing her nut at this point they recalled and pulled there dogs back.

What a flaming afternoon,never again will I walk my dogs at mid afternoon,when the sun is out it attracts all the flaming idiots!

Makes me wonder why I bother trying to get her to accept other dogs and not all off them are a threat
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-10-2011, 04:41 PM
Half term too..
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-10-2011, 05:20 PM
Awwww Sal. Not sure where they all hide. Blinking people.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2011, 05:37 PM
It drove me mad,watching Meg getting so stressed out was not funny,then of course we have to be careful because she will redirect her aggression towards Tyler,which mean't at times I had to move him away from her

So it was either myself infront trying to distract the oncoming dog and warn the owners not that it had any effect whatsoever,or when they didn't listen sent hubby first.

I know it's half term but it was elderly folks who caused us problems this afternoon.
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2011, 06:10 PM
Sounds very stressful. Remember what this was like from when we had our lovely Cherry and how people could stress her (and me) out from letting their dogs charge up to her when she was on a lead.

I must confess at times I took to shouting out "She has an infectious skin disease and the vet said to keep her on a lead so other people would realise to keep their dogs away" and this worked a treat! Never seen people move so fast before to grab their dogs before they could be contaminated by the "Leper"! Also thought I was doing other people favours who had to keep their dogs on leads as the owners would perhaps think twice about letting their dogs approach. I know it is "fibbing" but it stopped me getting snotty with people who had no control over their dogs and avoided poor Cherry (partially-sighted) getting afraid.
Baileys Blind
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2011, 06:23 PM
Originally Posted by Sal View Post
Makes me wonder why I bother trying to get her to accept other dogs and not all off them are a threat
I have days when I feel like that with Bailey We work so hard to have dogs that behave themselves and just when you think you're getting somewhere a dog comes bowling over and knocks you back to square one - rubbish innit
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2011, 06:27 PM
I don't often have bad incidents with my dogs and numpties and when I do, they're fortunately few and far between.

Oscar is spending the last half of the half term week with his father so I don't have any time constraints. means I can take the dogs out late in the evening.

It's because of these sorts of incidents that I also liek this time of year. People tend not to go out when it's cold, with or without dogs or kids. So where I live I get the whole park to myself even on days like today when it' sbeen sunny and relatively warmish.

I've just taken my lot out for their last walk as they love it in the dark (am sure everything smells different) - something I love too as I know I won't encounter ANYONE at all.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2011, 06:28 PM
No offense but you sound surprised? the average dog owner doesn't have much control of their dog, nor are they clued up on doggy etiquette.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2011, 06:45 PM
I am used to meeting the odd one but not so many idiots in such a short timescale.

I think only two out of all the ones we met had there dogs onlead,one put her dog onlead when she saw Meg having a go with the lurcher ,when I say go her hackles were up and she was showing her teeth.

Suprized no,flaming frustrated yes!

It really does get me angry!
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2011, 06:51 PM
Originally Posted by Baileys Blind View Post
I have days when I feel like that with Bailey We work so hard to have dogs that behave themselves and just when you think you're getting somewhere a dog comes bowling over and knocks you back to square one - rubbish innit
It certainly is,see she will happily ignore other dogs that are under control even offlead ones and she is rewarded and gets lots of praise,then you have a day like today which knocks her confidence,mine and winds us both up and then I wonder why I bother.
Perhaps I should just let her take chuncks out of other dogs maybe then these flaming idiots will learn they need to keep there dogs under control!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >