Our sister sites
Our sister sites
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2005, 10:07 AM
Originally Posted by Shadowboxer
Buy cheap baskets until the teething stage is over

If you are crating Fern then you should not have a problem as, by the time he transfers to a basket, he should be over teething and will also have learned what is and what is not appropriate to chew on

SB
I will consider it my challenge to get him over the biting stage as quickly as it is possible without exhausting him in the process LOL

I have it on good authority from our breeder that her dogs tend to be chewers so it takes some training - well we'll give it our best shot.
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2005, 10:10 AM
Det var så lidt Ingrid

In that case I can handle it - LOL Thanks J for all the photos - they are great...and a nice little insight into what I can expect
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2005, 10:18 AM
I want to add, that Luna's teething period was fairly quick and she didnt really bite me at all. She bit her baskets instead apparently

After joining here and seeing how the it works, I must say, that I'm probablely going to buy a crate for the next puppy...

Which hopefully wont be too far away...
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2005, 11:31 AM
i would definetely recommend a plastic dog bed until the teething period is over dont make the mistake of spending good money on a material one as he will be sure to chew it up and pull the stuffing out! lol. All 3 of my dogs have plastic dog beds now with a blanket in it... much safer
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2005, 11:42 AM
Originally Posted by bellaluna
I want to add, that Luna's teething period was fairly quick and she didnt really bite me at all. She bit her baskets instead apparently

After joining here and seeing how the it works, I must say, that I'm probablely going to buy a crate for the next puppy...

Which hopefully wont be too far away...

ohhhhh J you're going to get a puppy? or a doggy? Excellent....can I ask what breed you are considering? Perhaps another lab?
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2005, 11:44 AM
Originally Posted by Jenny
i would definetely recommend a plastic dog bed until the teething period is over dont make the mistake of spending good money on a material one as he will be sure to chew it up and pull the stuffing out! lol. All 3 of my dogs have plastic dog beds now with a blanket in it... much safer
Thanks Jen, I agree with what you are saying totally. I've never been keen on the material beds tbh....only the cat igloos, they're great! But for Fern I'd like to get something with a bit of structure to it.

Thanks for your advice
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2005, 12:22 PM
Originally Posted by maplecottage
ohhhhh J you're going to get a puppy? or a doggy? Excellent....can I ask what breed you are considering? Perhaps another lab?
I am.. As soon as I find another place to live, which I'm doing these days... Looking that is....

Uhm either another lab or perhaps a flatcoated or golden retriever. Will probablely end up with another labby

And will most certainly be a puppy (I have fallen for a 9½ months old black lab pup though. He's living at a rescue center, and he's sooo cute)

BUT that would mean me having a new home first...
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2005, 12:24 PM
Yeah I would never get Luna a material made basket.. I put a blanket (as u can see, an ugly one in the big basket) in the basket, and just put it in the washer once in a while...
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2005, 06:52 PM
I am.. As soon as I find another place to live, which I'm doing these days... Looking that is....

Uhm either another lab or perhaps a flatcoated or golden retriever. Will probablely end up with another labby

And will most certainly be a puppy (I have fallen for a 9½ months old black lab pup though. He's living at a rescue center, and he's sooo cute)

BUT that would mean me having a new home first...

Well fingerscrossed you find a new pad soon so you can add another labbie to your family Good luck with it J I know accomodation is quite hard to find in DK Oh's brother finally found a place but its so small - it suits him for the moment but if he were to find a girlfriend.....no chance two people fitting in!
deefin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2005, 06:56 PM
She sure was Diane

Thank you Bolty Yup my dog preferred plastic over rawhides
tyson prefers lumps of wood .and teddy bears . mad dogs !!!!
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >