Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

04-03-2013, 09:06 AM

Loki's fits

Loki started fitting this morning, 2 so far! Last clusters were in the middle of January.

She was put on a lesser dose of Phenobarbs last month by the vet, instead of the 2 x 60 gms morning and evening, it was changed to 2 x 50 gms mornings and evening, still with the 1 Potassium Bromide mornings and evenings.

Fingers crossed please

When she took her 2nd fit this morning, I tried to hold her head from the wrong side - as her back and front legs were flaying, her back legs caught my leg, now I have two angry welts across my right leg - and it stings I put Savlon on them Serves me right but I was trying to stop her head from banging on the wall and floor!
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-03-2013, 09:15 AM
Hi Rosemary , I am sad to hear Loki is having difficulties once more , it must be horrible to have to be on the alert all the time for episodes.
I hope Loki's condition settles down again soon and that your leg is not too painful...x
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2013, 09:24 AM
Oh no that is awful I'm so sorry Loki is fitting again. It must be awful to experience.

I have everything crossed for you xx
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-03-2013, 09:27 AM
Oh Rosemary - I am so sorry to hear that Loki is seizing again. I have never tried to hold Pereg during a GM - just literally dragged her away from anywhere she could bash against as hers always involved arching of neck backwards and head banging as well as the paddling and her whole body going into spasm, but then just left her and did not touch her, just talked to her.

Was there any reason for your vet reducing Loki's Pb? Especially as it seems to be quite a reduction.

Pereg is on 50mgPb TID but that is all. And so far her Pb levels have given us the possibility of increasing if necessary as all liver function tests are fine.

Poor Loki and poor you. It is a horrible disease to have to live with and I am, at the moment, so lucky that Pereg eventually got to the stage where Pb is, at the moment, controlling it. I honestly do not know how, or if, I will be able to cope if things went back to how they were with her.

Everything crossed for dear Loki.

(((hugs))) xx
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2013, 09:29 AM
That must be really frightening for you Brandykins. I too have everything crossed for you and your lovely dog.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2013, 09:45 AM
I'm very sorry to hear this Rose. I hope she does not have many more. Loki had more fits the other week but they stopped at four and he recovered well - I hope Lady Loki does the same.

I wonder if you may need to get the PB dose back up?

I hope your arm isn't too sore - I hold Loki's head too, especially if he's on the tiles when it happens.

Hugs.
xxx
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-03-2013, 09:49 AM
I hope she doesn't have too many this time Rose, the time between fits was getting quite long as well wasn't it.
She has been not wanting to go out on a walk again hasn't she, so she must have a sort of feeling that things aren't right.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

04-03-2013, 10:00 AM
Thanks all She has had 3 in total now.

I usually try to hold her head but was just at the wrong side of her!

After her blood test and results last month, the vet said she was good on her phenobarb level but low on the potassium bromide level but he was reducing her pheno tablets to 50 gms and keeping her still on the same 1 morning and night of te potassium bromide! The new tablets are thicker and I think called phenoleptil. I am waiting for a call back from the vet to see if I can give her an extra one this morning. I usually do give her an extra pheno when she fits. I stopped using the rectal diazepam as that took the legs from her!

Thanks everyone for your wishes for her.

Sorry to hear that cousin Loki took fits, Linda, but glad he is OK now.

xx
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2013, 01:07 PM
Best wishes for a speedy recovery poor Loki x x x
Fivedogpam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2013, 05:27 PM
So sorry to hear this. I hope you can get him stabilised soon.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »