View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2009, 08:26 AM
Is this the longest thread in the history of Dogsey?!?

If so does Pidge get an award for it?!?
mandydog
Dogsey Junior
Male 

18-05-2009, 08:44 AM
Well said, Lilyput.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2009, 08:56 AM
Originally Posted by esmed View Post

Nope - Gnasher`s ahead on points ATM
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2009, 09:01 AM
Originally Posted by lilyput View Post
I have ploughed my way through this thread and my conclusion (not that anyone will give a damn) is that

(a) Woody is a normal, happy (if he was allowed to be) pup and

(b) Pidge has achieved just what she set out to do (perhaps unknowlingly) which is to get everyone's attention yet again - this time 41 pages! That is quite an achievement in 6 days!
Gosh - how dare she reply to peoples resopnses And people reposnd back...shocking!

Come on...please. If people truely feel like this then why respond to the "attention seeker".

We all need reassurance sometimes if we have a bad day with our dogs. The fact that people know springers and know that Pidge is a first time owner and know that she has sought behavioural help has meant that they volenteer advice or ideas.

I am truely shocked that people feel that this was an attention seeking thread....obviously I am very naive in just seeing someone who wanted some moral support!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2009, 09:03 AM
Originally Posted by elaineb View Post
a) well done!!

b) well said

c) and if half the people on this forum had the b**lls you have they would have said the same. imo
Elaine
Or they wouldn't have joined in
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2009, 09:12 AM
Originally Posted by esmed View Post

If so does Pidge get an award for it?!?
I have noticed a theme.

Award for member with the most postings on numerous threads goes to.....PIDGE!!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2009, 09:21 AM
Well, I consider there's moral support, and then there's banging your head on a brick wall sometimes? Plus the fact that by the end of one of these threads nothing seems to add up I know myself, it's absolutely impossible to turn around a dog that has been destined "by a trainer" to be pts because nothing is working with him, and yet within days, he's had a miraculous turnaround and is once again the perfect dog, just like he has been in every other thread BY THE END OF IT!!!!

I stopped coming into these Woody threads because I saw red when a hyperactive YOUNG working springer puppy (a dog which I would never be able to cope with myself, and would never consider for a first time dog either, but hey ho) is given solitary confinement for 3 days a week on the trot, day and night, with a break for lunch and maybe a break during the EVENINGS (just so we get that bit right for fear of getting it wrong like before ). On top of that, I have never heard of any morning walks??? Why is that then? I've only heard about the Friday night walks to the pub with friends and the week-ends, so I got to thinking exactly WHY this poor young boistrous puppy is showing the signs that he is, eating the walls to escape his imprisonment, and biting his owners out of sheer frustration that he's not being listened to. THEN, when I see a post stating that A TRAINER, HER TRAINER, has suggested tying this poor little mite up to a radiator to try and calm him down, then that just took the biscuit for me, and do you know something else??? I had to Google that, because I couldn't quite get my head around it, and do you know where the ONLY place I found it was??? ON THE R.S.P.C.A. WEBSITE! YES, the RSPCA website, so it would seem that my fears are well founded!! We won't go into the fact that this little puppy is also not allowed to do his business out in the garden,no, he has to use a designated 2sq foot of litter tray out there, and wo betide him if he fancies a pee anywhere else, even though in his mind he is doing it right, because he's actually outside!!!

Would you consider shutting your 16yr. old teenager in his room for 3 SOLID DAYS??? I think not! Woody is the equivalent of a 16 yr. at approaching one year old, so yes, it would be the same as doing this. I don't think you'd have much of a house left afterwards do you??

No, something definitely doesn't add up for me here I'm afraid, so once again, I shall be hitting my "ignore" button and "poof" she's gone, but that won't stop me thinking or worrying about the welfare of a poor, misunderstood little springer guy!

I only do support when it's appreciated, not when it's thrown back in yer face coz you just so happened to misunderstand a few words that were written, when in all honestly, night is night to me, so if she meant during the evening,she should have typed that in the first place!

And another thing whilst I'm on a roll! I don't for one minute think ANY behaviourist worth their salt would recommend tying a young puppy up to a radiator, NO, I think this was HER idea, so she thought she'd say that, just to get some feedback on whether or not she should do that, so he could be out of her way, out of her hair, and she could enjoy her evening with her new husband - in which case, why get a dog in the first place then??? Why not get a middle aged rescue dog which would more than suit their current situation, he'd be well behaved, out of the way laying down in the evenings, be able to cope with being crated or left alone in the house all day? No, she wanted this springer spaniel coz it would look good with the Hunter wellies hanging out the back of the 4x4 living in Oxford and gallavanting around farmer's new crops of green wheat (notice the pics????).Now I've said it all, it's all off my chest, and I'm hitting that button, to get back my sanity!!!!
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2009, 09:39 AM
Jesus there are some venomous people on here - obviously the "where does your responsibility end " thread fell on deaf ears - i notice its all the usual suspects doing the character assasination.

Maybe Pidge was having a real bad day the day she posted that thread and over those six days got the situation into perspective and realised things weren't so bad. As Pidge is a first time dog owner i really think people should be a bit more understanding personally. Some people on here are very quick to stick the knife in.

If everybody says they have Woodys interests at heart then there are gentler ways of getting that across imo. Giving someone advice is one thing, whether they take it or not is up to them.,

Before anyone says its ok to slate people because this is a forum, don't bother we've heard it all before - a million times
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2009, 09:42 AM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Well, I consider there's moral support, and then there's banging your head on a brick wall sometimes? Plus the fact that by the end of one of these threads nothing seems to add up I know myself, it's absolutely impossible to turn around a dog that has been destined "by a trainer" to be pts because nothing is working with him, and yet within days, he's had a miraculous turnaround and is once again the perfect dog, just like he has been in every other thread BY THE END OF IT!!!!

I stopped coming into these Woody threads because I saw red when a hyperactive YOUNG working springer puppy (a dog which I would never be able to cope with myself, and would never consider for a first time dog either, but hey ho) is given solitary confinement for 3 days a week on the trot, day and night, with a break for lunch and maybe a
break during the EVENINGS (just so we get that bit right for fear of getting it wrong like before ). On top of that, I have never heard of any morning walks??? Why is that then? I've only heard about the Friday night walks to the pub with friends and the week-ends, so I got to thinking exactly WHY this poor young boistrous puppy is showing the signs that he is, eating the walls to escape his imprisonment, and biting his owners out of sheer frustration that he's not being listened to. THEN, when I see a post stating that A TRAINER, HER TRAINER, has suggested tying this poor little
mite up to a radiator to try and calm him down, then that just took the biscuit for me, and do you know something else??? I had to Google that, because I couldn't quite get my head around it, and do you know where the ONLY place I found it was??? ON THE R.S.P.C.A. WEBSITE! YES, the RSPCA website, so it would seem that my fears are well founded!! We won't go into the fact that this little puppy is also not allowed to do his business out in the garden,no, he has to use a designated 2sq foot of litter tray out there, and wo betide him if he fancies a pee anywhere else, even though in his mind he is doing it right, because
he's actually outside!!!

Would you consider shutting your 16yr. old teenager in his room for 3 SOLID DAYS??? I think not! Woody is the equivalent of a 16 yr. at approaching one year old, so yes, it would be the same as doing this. I don't think you'd have much of a house left afterwards do you??

No, something definitely doesn't add up for me here I'm afraid, so once again, I shall be hitting my "ignore" button and "poof" she's gone, but that won't stop me thinking or
worrying about the welfare of a poor, misunderstood little springer guy!

I only do support when it's appreciated, not when it's thrown back in yer face coz you just so happened to misunderstand a few words that were written, when in all honestly, night is night to me, so if she meant during the evening,she should have typed that in the first place!

And another thing whilst I'm on a roll! I don't for one minute think ANY behaviourist worth their salt would recommend tying a young puppy up to a radiator, NO, I think this was
HER idea, so she thought she'd say that, just to get some feedback on whether or not she should do that, so he could be out of her way, out of her hair, and she could enjoy her evening with her new husband - in which case, why get a dog in the first place then??? Why not get a middle aged rescue dog which would more than suit their current situation, he'd be well behaved, out of the way laying down in the evenings, be able to cope with being crated or left alone in the house all day? No, she wanted this springer spaniel coz it would look good with the Hunter wellies hanging out the back of the 4x4 living in Oxford and
gallavanting around farmer's new crops of green wheat (notice the pics????).Now I've said it all, it's all off my chest, and I'm hitting that button, to get back my sanity!!!!
Miow! A tad harsh I think but each to their own.
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2009, 09:51 AM
Originally Posted by greyhoundk View Post
Jesus there are some venomous people on here - obviously the "where does your responsibility end " thread fell on deaf ears - i notice its all the usual suspects doing the character assasination.

Maybe Pidge was having a real bad day the day she posted that thread and over those six days got the situation into perspective and realised things weren't so bad. As Pidge is a first time dog owner i really think people should be a bit more understanding personally. Some people on here are very quick to stick the knife in.

If everybody says they have Woodys interests at heart then there are gentler ways of getting that across imo. Giving someone advice is one thing, whether they take it or not is up to them.,

Before anyone says its ok to slate people because this is a forum, don't bother we've heard it all before - a million times

But we do and that's why we get so frustrated.
Elaine
Closed Thread
Page 42 of 44 « First < 32 39 40 41 42 43 44 >