View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Squeaker
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-06-2009, 04:30 AM
Ellie was my first Border and I picked the name with my Dad before I had even seen her. I wanted a really girly name and also one that wouldn't be hard for her to learn, or one that didn't sound daft yelling across a park. haha.

Lucy, was originally going to be Yuma (City in Arizona, we thought desert and red because she is a Red Grizzle) but when we saw her she didn't look like a Yuma, so after much deliberation we chose Lucy, not sure how it came about but we like it and it fits well with Ellie.

Ellie already has a range of nick names – El, Smelly Ellie, Ellie Belly and Pooper. Goodness knows what Lucy will become. lol
logan44
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-07-2009, 12:51 AM
Most people laugh when i tell them my dogs name
I called him Yogibear just because i liked it!!!and it really suits him
Barbs
New Member!
Female 

02-07-2009, 06:37 PM
We picked up our new pup last weekend and have chosen to call him Harley, we wanted quite a traditional name and it just seems to suit him.

Elsa who we recently lost was named after the lion in 'Born Free' as I loved the name and the film.

Rio my 18month old was named after the duran duran song 'her name is Rio' we were going to call her Molly but it seemed a bit to gentile for her.

And Oliver my 12 yo was so named because it just worked. I think you just know when you find the right name.
Team Tegan
New Member!
Female 

02-07-2009, 08:47 PM
Well seeing as our monster is nothing but playful we chose the Welsh for play thing... Tegan
EGAR
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-07-2009, 09:54 PM
Toughy Lurcher was named because he comes from a tough backround (itinerant camp) - must be my rescue humour.

Brego Lurcher was named after the horse in LotR, my fav movie of all times.

Bogey APBT was named after Humphrey Bogart, because he's small, handsome and he used to hump alot as a pup

Mouse Terrier was named by my 4 yro. It's self explanatory.

And Bordeaux Otterhound was named by his breeder and responded to his name when I got him as an 18 month old doglet.

McGinty Lurcher is named after an old Irish song, involving a man called McGinty and his goat. McGinty Lurcher hates goats .
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2009, 10:26 AM
Originally Posted by Stumpywop View Post
Hi,

When I was growing up I remember particularly a Doberman called Otto ('cos my Mom decided he had to have a German name) and an Irish Setter caled Baron (registered name, Copperplate Confusion - again my Mom's idea thinking I/Setters were elegant and noble!)

My last GSD was called Jaikei. I went to B'ham Dogs' Home with the intention of getting a dog and calling it Jake. I ended up with a bitch so had to make it a little more feminine, hence she was called Jaikei.

Zane is so called jsut because my 4 year old liked the name. Ellie is so called because it rhymes with smelly and by God she stinks after she's eaten. Murphy (rescue dog who had to go back to his fosterer at Xmas) was already named when we had him. Yiannis was named because my 4 year old liked the name.

I wouldn't normally agree with kids naming ALL of the pets in the house, but I think my Son has done well so far - apart from the goldfish: he's called "Fish" 'cos we couldn't think of anything apropriate.

Laura xx
Hi,

To follow on from my last post on this thread:

"Seto" only came to me a short time ago. He's 10 years old and was named by his breeder.

"Karel" is the named picked, once again, by my 4 year old. She'll be ready to come to me around October time. I'm assuming I'll get a bitch although I don't really mind whether the new pup is male or female. Although there are far too many males in my house at the moment!!

Laura xx
Fluffypup
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-07-2009, 08:27 AM
Boris was named after the character in Goldeneye, the "I am invincible" computer villain. But everyone thinks he was named after the mayor -they do have a very similar hairdo
susi226
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-07-2009, 01:27 PM
Tazo = Remember walkers crisps gave out little discs in the packs back in the 80's? Tazo was found in a walkers crisp box with that written on it!

Cracker = because he is crackers!

My sister has Cooper as in a mini,cos he is and she has Hermit, one day he will come out of his shell!
AgilityDog
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-07-2009, 12:16 AM
My dogs name is Fritha, purly beacuse its a name of a character in one of my favourite childhood books, and its original, never met another Fritha
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2009, 01:38 PM
dylan was already named by my friend (who owned him before me) as her previous collie was called zebedee. bit of a magic roundabout theme there!

lily is a tribute to my lurcher who was called leo aka lil (he came with that name) and lily a black lab i had the pleasure of knowing who was such a sweet, special girl.
Page 21 of 46 « First < 11 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 31 > Last »