Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2007, 10:24 PM

Briagh IWH behavioural problem being handled,

Hi just to update on Briaghs progress,
this began on another thread here is the link,

http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=60377

after last weeks rapid improvement, I had thought mabey she would take a step back tonight, but to my surprise she came on leaps and bounds, I did some training exercise's weaving her in and out of people who were in a straight line quite close together so when she weaved through her back end touched people, she did it very well,. so we went on to having hands held out a wee bit so she brushed by them and there hand was going along her side., we then got Ian (x_rose_x's dad) to stand whilst I circled her round him, she then went on to be touched by ian and another chap from the club, I then told ian to take her for a stroll round the hall, she and Ian were fab, after a bit we let her off lead and she began approaching people on her own, I am so pleased for her owner who has been through so much with her, hopefuly she will gain confidence and she will never look back, Ian had her away outside walking around all over with her and she was super,
I believe her owner is now reg on the forum as janetmaltman@ms so hopefully she will add to this, or Fran may do so, did not get any photos or videos as my camera is bust but hopefuly will have some soon,
shona x
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2007, 11:27 PM
thanks for the update xx
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2007, 06:36 AM
Great news. How great that Dogsey members can help out in the flesh not just online.
bribiba
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-05-2007, 08:53 AM
I wish I could have been there last night but one of my Macaws has decided to go awol he is sitting up a 30 foot tree outside the garden at the moment, where he has been all night....can you train parrots Shona?
Briagh had meningitis that is why she now has a contact problem, she loves people but as soon as they touch behind her head she is terrified. We can't help her because we bred her and she knows us and trusts us so we can handle her without a problem.
Shona has been excellent in her training and we are confident that by working together we can help Briagh relax and feel safe again.
I will take my camera along next week and do some video.

Originally Posted by dougiepit View Post
Hi just to update on Briaghs progress,
this began on another thread here is the link,

http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=60377

after last weeks rapid improvement, I had thought mabey she would take a step back tonight, but to my surprise she came on leaps and bounds, I did some training exercise's weaving her in and out of people who were in a straight line quite close together so when she weaved through her back end touched people, she did it very well,. so we went on to having hands held out a wee bit so she brushed by them and there hand was going along her side., we then got Ian (x_rose_x's dad) to stand whilst I circled her round him, she then went on to be touched by ian and another chap from the club, I then told ian to take her for a stroll round the hall, she and Ian were fab, after a bit we let her off lead and she began approaching people on her own, I am so pleased for her owner who has been through so much with her, hopefuly she will gain confidence and she will never look back, Ian had her away outside walking around all over with her and she was super,
I believe her owner is now reg on the forum as janetmaltman@ms so hopefully she will add to this, or Fran may do so, did not get any photos or videos as my camera is bust but hopefuly will have some soon,
shona x
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2007, 11:44 AM
Hi Fran, hows you today, sorry to hear that dee dee is still up the tree, guess its another day of sitting under a tree eatin fruit, wi him shoutin BIT BIT for a bit of fruit, with the other one in the outside bird bit screaming back SHUT UP DEE DEE :smt044 ps give me a call if you phone the fire men, I will be right up I love a man with a big hose ps I have trained birds before, a swift that I had, I could fly him outside and he would just do fly round the street and come back, have it on video must find it as not one will believe it unless they see it, his name was nike and he lived on the comp desk in a nike box, I also have vid of him pulling the cats wiskers when he was trying to eat his food lol I have been lucky with the animials in my house, none have eaten the other to date