View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Zuba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2006, 04:37 PM
this whole mess gets worse, this morning neighbour came to see me because her drain was blocked and it is on my side of the fence. Well I got my hand in to find half a brick, still didn't clear ended up with my whole arm down the drain, pulling out bits of rubble and still have not cleared the blockage, tried sticks and nothings happening, still a drain full of water. Guess I am gonna have to call someone out to fix it, but I'll wait see if my OH can do it first when he comes home. I am so depressed about the whole thing.
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2006, 05:40 PM
Have you paid these builders any money yet ?
Zuba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2006, 05:50 PM
Only for what they have done so far, cant get a builder who can start straight away, must be the time of year for building works , trying to find a brick laying course running for a week or so, then i can fire them and do it myself they are just making a big mess of things, my mum is gonna see when her builder is free for me, but told me not to hold my breath
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-08-2006, 06:10 PM
Withold any future payments until you are satisfied with what they are doing.Was it raining round your way today Donna and is there any outside bricklaying required???

If so-theres your anwser.Brickies cant work when its raining or too cold (mortar freezes below 0 and rain washes it away).Often they will look at the weather forecast and if its saying rain-they will go to one of their jobs which is inside work.

But really-if your not happy with their standard of workmanship-get another firm.
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2006, 06:13 PM
I just hope it all turns out good for you in the end, and it is such a shame they have left you in a complete mess!! I am very surprised that they have left all their tools there!! I always thought builders tidied up at the end of the day and removed their tools.

I have shown the pis to my oh who has his own business and he said "kick their ass"... unacceptable.
Zuba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2006, 06:36 PM
Originally Posted by Steve
Withold any future payments until you are satisfied with what they are doing.Was it raining round your way today Donna and is there any outside bricklaying required???

If so-theres your anwser.Brickies cant work when its raining or too cold (mortar freezes below 0 and rain washes it away).Often they will look at the weather forecast and if its saying rain-they will go to one of their jobs which is inside work.

But really-if your not happy with their standard of workmanship-get another firm.
Almost perfect weather, not a drop of rain today, a little breezy this morning but not below 0.
Zuba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2006, 06:37 PM
Originally Posted by Trixybird
I just hope it all turns out good for you in the end, and it is such a shame they have left you in a complete mess!! I am very surprised that they have left all their tools there!! I always thought builders tidied up at the end of the day and removed their tools.

I have shown the pis to my oh who has his own business and he said "kick their ass"... unacceptable.
thank you, it will end up all right I am sure, but it is whether I will, this is driving me bonkers
Adele4dan
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-08-2006, 07:13 PM
Sell the tools on ebay !
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2