Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-10-2005, 03:40 PM

A Story The Tabloids Missed!

It seems the world is only full of stories of cruelty to animals, they get posted on here daily and of course for the tabloids positive stories of help and courage are not thought to make 'good reading' .

There is a population of approx 60 million people in the UK, and with that number of people terrible things do happen to animals (and people) and each event is indeed sad ..but what is often forgotten is these events however dreadful are in a tiny minority and we should not get things out of proportion. There are countless acts of courage and sacrifice taking place daily to help animals, they go unnoticed because they are not 'sensationalist enough' to make the news.

I know of one person who works to provide money to keep six rescue greyhounds and to give them a good life at the end of their 'useful lives'...children who raise money to sponsor an animal at the local rescue centre, and of course we have the many people on Dogweb who have rescued dogs or work tirelessly for rescues..let's not forget them too.

This was a story from my local paper, Basil the little dog lost a leg and a local company saw the details in the paper and offered to make a leg for Basil ...and here he is with his new leg.

This story and photograph are posted with the kind permission of the editor of my local paper.
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2005, 03:48 PM
Awww thats a lovely story Mini and something to cheer us up after all the animal cruelty going on these days I hope Basil copes with his new leg okay

Don't let Azz catch you calling it Dowgeb though
Meg
Supervisor

24-10-2005, 03:55 PM
Originally Posted by Foxy
Awww thats a lovely story Mini and something to cheer us up after all the animal cruelty going on these days I hope Basil copes with his new leg okay

Don't let Azz catch you calling it Dowgeb though
ooops ! I did that for a reason and forgot to change it back
Now corrected !

Bet it doesn't get many replies
Roxy
Dogsey Veteran

24-10-2005, 03:58 PM
Dowgeb thats brill Mini. Yeah your right Mini to much doom and gloom and not enough good deeds reported.
Annestaff
Supervisor

24-10-2005, 04:08 PM
Aww bless Basils little heart what a lovely old boy he looks

Thanks for sharing Mini like Roxy said there has been alot of doom and gloom lately so its great to read a story with a happy ending and know there are people out there who are willing to help in a crisis
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2005, 04:10 PM
Awww sweet little lucky Basil

What a great story Mini
chelsea
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2005, 04:10 PM
That is a lovely story Mini i needed to read somethink to cheer me up cos i was on another site and it was about animal cruelty i know things need to be done to stop cruelty but seeing it every day is so upseting.
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2005, 04:12 PM
That's a fab story.

He looks wonderful, thanx for sharing that Mini we've certainly needed it lately
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2005, 04:14 PM
What a sweet story, Mini, thanks for posting it. It's funny, just last night OH and I were discussing the state of the world and I said it looks even worse because it's only the horrible things that are reported.
Katrina342
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-10-2005, 04:14 PM
Thanks for that mini, a lovely story and a really nice reflection on how most people are good people.x
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >