Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-07-2013, 05:00 AM

Morning Dogsey daily thread [Monday]

Pat - if you are off today, safe flight and have a great time at your son's wedding!

Now, me being me I am totally out of the loop having had an absolutely wunnerful night after a lovely long Skype chat with a pal somewhere in the US [I keep forgetting to ask her where she is] with no get-ups from Da Booga, and had just zonked off again after giving her her meds when...

...no, not them again outside but the brusher/sweeper/elephant/think wot sweeps up by the kerbs every so often. You would have thought that someone would have told him that there are no kerbs at the moment, but I guess that would be too easy.

I really should go back to bed but now I am up I might as well stay up, especially as the ginormous JCB has just appeared [he has gone into the macolet for summat] and the not quite so ginormous JCB has just noisily made his way past, so I reckon it is all going to hit off again any moment.

I hope everyone has a nice, quiet, peaceful and not too hot day!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-07-2013, 05:51 AM
Morning Malka your evening sounds good your day sounds like it could all go pear shaped. Again.

It is meant to get very hot here today. 34.
Poor Gorden has to travel to London today to do some paperwork for the new job. He is leaving here around 10am traveling up won't be so bad but he is coming back in rush hour. I don't think he is looking forward to that.

Dillon and I will be lounging around trying to keep cool.

Have a good Monday all and stay safe.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2013, 06:23 AM
Morning Malka, Lynn and everyone else who pops in

Dave went off to work at 5.30 am to do his 5 day stint, and I sure don't envy him in all those clothes and overalls on top. I told him to go nekid underneath but he said it's horrible, the overalls stick to you, eeuuuuww, whereas my job involves donning the shorts and vest, getting in my lovely new bimmer and driving up to the park to open all the windows in van 2 ready for my guests arriving mid-day today.

I bathed Zena last night cos I noticed she had a mattiarse rose going on in her trousers and groin, and Dave said it was all that salt water and sand, and of course, for the past couple of weeks, she's never really been dry enough for a thorough grooming This was her first bath ever (and she's nearly 5!), and she seemed to enjoy it with the cold hose, and this morning, she's all lovely and fluffy and smells a lot better when close up on the floor giving belly rubs. Now I'm going to be really stoopid and take her back down the beach this morning

Awww gaaawd, we've got 34 deg down here today, as if it wasn't hot enough yesterday, but hopefully, we'll get one of those storms they've promised.

I have no idea who's done what over the week-end, cos I only popped in when I came on here to look at e-mails, but I hope everyone is doing ok and coping with this hot weather.

I've now got 6 weeks booked for 2014 and it's only July, I'm well chuffed with that! I also have somebody who wants to buy my smaller van for a good price, i.e. the same as I paid for it 4 years ago, BUT, I don't really think I want to sell it, it's ticking along so nicely, and I'm sure a lot of my bookings are coming from recommendations, and what with a hot summer this year, more people will probably decide to stay at home for next year.

Malka, although you had a good night, it's gonna be a baaaad day again for you isn't it ((((((hugs)))))).
Lynn, Gorden might actually be better off in a car in this heat, hope all goes well.

Better get going before I miss that tide, it waits for no man apparently, not even me and Zena

Have a good one everybody and stay cool it's gonna be hot, hot, HOT today
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2013, 06:34 AM
Morning all

Oh no, 31 degrees today. Out with the sticky sun block then.

Happy Monday everyone.
xxx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-07-2013, 06:38 AM
Morning Helena. Well done with the bookings. I reckon they want your van thinking they will get the bookings too in future years.
I think they won't they will come back to you and be wanting you new van to holiday in if you sell the first one.

Gorden's commuting today like he will be for the duration of this job when it starts in September.

Just had a big rumble of thunder and it is now looking very dark. Can't see it making 34 if we get a storm. Just brought the washing in that went out late yesterday and hadn't quite dried. Don't want that wet when all it needed was another hour to air.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2013, 06:46 AM
Morning Malka and all.

I am sweating already and not looking forward to today or tomorrow at all as all my work is physical and non stop and today under glass as well. I also hate the bus ride to my afternoon evening job as its like sitting in a greenhouse with loads of sweaty bodies, mine being one of them. Roll on 7.30 tonight when I can get in and sit down and try to cool off.

Ash went back at 4am this morning and will be coming back to take Charly with him either mid week or the weekend.

Good luck with all the noise again today Malka.

Hope all goes well for Gordon today and I think I want to swap places with you today Lynn and you can go to work for me.

Enjoy your beach walk H and give Zena a hug from me.

Have a good day all and try and keep cool.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2013, 07:23 AM
Goodmorning everyone, Another stinker of a day I shall hibernate after watering the garden. So take care everyone and try to stay cool. God bless.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2013, 07:25 AM
Morning Malka and fellow members,

Malka - I wish you peace today

Lynn - good luck to poor Gorden having to go up to London today of all days I hope you manage to keep cool ..... well if that word exists anymore

Bev - You poor thing doing your jobs today and I can just imagine how awful that bus will be let alone your work Take a hand towel and when you get really hot wet it and drape it round your neck .... it really works.

LS - Hi have a good day and I too am not looking forward to this heat. It can't be easy keeping Loki cool with this enormously thick coat.

Set to be 35 here but we'll see I've walked the dogs and they are now settled in the kitchen/breakfast room on the cold tiles with all the windows and doors open while I go to Tesco.

See you later folks.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-07-2013, 07:31 AM
More fun and games outside now! Surveyors surveying something - others spraying red paint in various places - and a strange looking turquoise small-ish thing on caterpillar tracks with a long extending something, pulling lengths of marking string along from up there to down here - or somewhere.

It is far better than television or a movie at the moment as they are quiet, not like the JCBs and roller, and they are all used to Da Booger now who is making periodic rushes out and woofing at them, then coming back with a look of disgust on her face, and I am waiting for Nir to come and sort out the door/padlock on The Shack so I can open it and put The Silver Monster on charge. Not that I can get him out, of course, but having recently spent a fortune on new batteries for him he needs them charging even if he has sat in The Shack since dunno when.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2013, 07:41 AM
Morning Bev, Linda, Moyra, Jenny and anyone else who comes by

Oh jeesus Chriiiiiist, we've just got back, didn't do the beach cos of the drive in this heat (don't want Zena in my new car just yet and the Astra's air con is all broke). I went into the woods, not a leaf stirring, I came across a field of long grass and hundreds of flutterbies appeared out of it as we walked past, well Zena kind of distrubed them rummaging about What a beautiful sight that was.

As I climbed, I got hotter and hotter even though I was under the trees of course cos it's woodland, but boy is it sultry in there today, there's no escape from it Came home, Zena shot straight in her pool and splashed herself all over scrabbling away and shaking the frisbee about all over me to cool me off too.

I'm going up to that van to open those windows, nipping into Sainsburys on the way back and that's it, I'm shutting myself indoors and putting that air con unit on now and again, it's horrendous out there today.

You've got black clouds there Lynn? Oh send 'em down here will ya
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »