View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-11-2012, 08:01 PM
I would love to be a dog groomer, growing up clipping, trimming, hand stripping, my own aswell as relatives hounds I could borrow...If it wasn't such a widely filled area numerically with so many groomers, i'd consider getting trained properly as I think I'd love it on a nine to five basis. Maybe in another life eh!
tokiayla
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2012, 08:06 PM
I'd work in rescue kennels - cleaning up poo and cuddling dogs
daisylynn
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-11-2012, 09:19 PM
I would like to own and run my own no-kill shelter. It would have to be no-kill because there aren't enough of them in Maine. The best dogs are at the no-kill shelter I volunteer at.
Pep_Sounds
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-12-2012, 08:57 PM
After the great experience we've had at a dog day care centre in Stirling (not sure I can mention names?) where we took Cora for her puppy classes I have seriously begun considering not returning to the IT industry but perhaps starting up my own dog day care, with training classes, dog walkers and grooming.
They regularly have fund raisers and events for dog related charities, and actively promote rescues to try help them with rehoming. I also love that they make everyone with dogs in their care or training classes feel part of a community, a little like this forum.

There are several small home-type day cares in my area, though I understand some refuse to take larger breed dogs like my own.
I particularly loved the larger size of this place in Stirling though, with the dog park and the mental stimulation the dogs get at the Stirling one. And although I don't need day care at present, if/when I do, this place is unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately if I open my own?) too far away for us to use during the week.
HannahnMaggie
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-12-2012, 09:16 PM
I'd love to work in a rescue or dog walking! Always wanted to be a vet when i was younger but don't think i'd be cut out for it
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3