Our sister sites
Our sister sites
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2012, 09:42 PM
Leonberger
Newfoundland

The reason I wouldn't get one now though is because I couldn't hold onto one if it decided to pull at something and I couldn't afford one.
Alice Childress
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-11-2012, 04:17 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
A malinois - too old now
A St. Bernard - too big for us
A Leonburger - ditto
A spaniel - too cissy for me lol but I adore them
A chawoawha (sp?LOL!) - ditto -
I feel the same about chihuahuas! I never expected to, but having met some long haired chihuahuas at discover dogs at crufts, I adore them. I know really they are not sissy dogs but I can't see myself with a dog that looks quite so pretty and delicate.

Originally Posted by Tessabelle View Post
I love the Bermese Mountain Dog but could not cope with all the fur and the slobber!
Bernese Mountain Dogs shouldn't drool - they are a dry mouthed breed. Obviously, not every berner fits this though and some end up drooling, but in theory they shouldn't! The fur on the other hand
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2012, 04:26 PM
Dachshund . I have had 2 of them previously so I do know the breed . I absolutely love them but would never have an other as their are aspects of their personality which make them difficult at times and I would probably rather stick with my whippets which are very easy dogs .
Kaska
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-11-2012, 05:31 PM
Rhodesian Ridgebacks - think they are gorgeous and have a lot of presence, with an easy care coat. I almost got one and if I ever got another big dog it would be one of these
Bull Terriers
Shiba Inus - really cute and furry

Edited to add just realised I actually would get all of these, so really it's difficult to put down any dogs I love because I would in fact get them . There are many dogs I like, but not love, probably too many to mention!

Rottweilers are one, I think it's the slobbering which puts me off getting one :/
Darcy Boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2012, 07:16 PM
German Pointer. - Too old.
Minature Poodle - OH hates them.
HannahnMaggie
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-11-2012, 09:31 PM
I would love a Husky or Malamute but wouldnt be able to deal with all that hair! Maggie is bad enough!

But also love a Newfoundland or St Bernard but far too big and strong for me to handle
Ink
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-12-2012, 12:22 AM
Malinois and Dutch Shepherd, short coated version. Way too much work.

Also love old style mastiffs such as presas and dogos and the likes, but too much work when it comes to guarding and the 'issues' a lot of them have. All in all, they're just not for me.
gwenny
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-12-2012, 09:28 AM
A german shepherd,long coated,a bitch.
reason I probably wont have one-cant afford any more dogs!
Shane
Dogsey Senior
Male 

01-12-2012, 06:15 PM
Irish Wolfhound

I adore them, such gentle giants but with health issues, short lifespan and hefty price tag, I'll never get one.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2012, 06:51 PM
Originally Posted by Shane View Post
Irish Wolfhound

I adore them, such gentle giants but with health issues, short lifespan and hefty price tag, I'll never get one.
Awww; you beat me to it... Such strange looking critters they are. Kind of primitive and prehistoric. Almost rescued one once.. long and sad story.

Met two on a beach here once and seeing them run..

Huskies I love. Maybe the man up the road will let ne adopt his wolf!

But if I get any dogs again, they too will be rescues so the choice is not mine! Just they be needy is all.
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >