Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2009, 06:14 PM

Have had some really bad times recently

started about 8 weeks ago. my daughter had to have parenting classes, which she failed badly. so my darling grandson was being taken into care, where the SWs want him to be put up for adoption.so obiously i was devastated, this isnt the first time this has happened. she had 3 other children put up for adoption about 7 yrs back, i was in a right mess. was there when the babies where born.then it call comes back. my darling GS is now with foster carers,
i had a big argument with my daughters (2 of them) they had arranged between themselves that my daughter would come and live here. now im in a small 1 bedroom bungalow. its a former OAP 1 so yes its small. so i arranged for my daughter to stay at a friends place.her own room. run of the place no questions asked. but my daughters where put out about that. and basically i was told to choose between my husband or my daughter, i think its wrong that i should be put in that situation to start with, and the words that it was wrong that i should expect her to live with a stranger.
but its ok for my daughter to go and stay with lesbians she just met off the internet.(1 of them turned out to be a stalker who was violent towards my GS)
so since then i havnt spokent to my daughter. ive been in a bad way )had a couple of stress induced angina attacks through it)
i eventully tracked down my GSs SW and i asked could i please see him. 1 hour thats all i wanted. and my daughter has said no. ok shes fed up with me. but dont use the little fella as a weapon to hurt me.
shes been in court for SS to take away parental responsibility from her.
so monday im ringing up the SW to see if they where successful. and tuesday im seeing a solicitor. grandparents do have rights. and to ask for a *goodbye visit* isnt much to ask for is it. ill quite happily sit in a contact center with wall to wall SWs. in fact they can take some photos for me. id like a nice 1 for a frame i have.
my mental well being is all over the place. im having to see a councilor to help deal with all this.ok it wont bring him back but it should help me deal with it better.
as for my daughters. put it this way after having abusive phonecalls. and abusive letters calling me some discusting names that i cant repete.
they can go.
kobebear
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-09-2009, 06:50 PM
So sorry to hear about your problems with your daughters, you must be devastated that your grandson has been taken into care it sound terrible, i do hope that things sort themselves out somehow and that you get to see your grandchild who you obviously adore very much, thinking of you and hope some good news will come your way.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2009, 06:52 PM
I`m so sorry to hear this. Do you have people you can talk to? I`m happy to meet up for a coffee and a natter if you like. Or feel free to pm me if you want to rant. It must be an awful time for you.
I hope the SW/ solicitor meeting has a positive result.
big hugs
x
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2009, 06:57 PM
Oh Cathy, and I can really empathise. My daughter and I are currently estranged and I've not idea when or even if I'll see my grandkids again.

I know how it hurts when your own children turn against you, and you have my heartfelt sympathy, chick.

Huge hugs, honey xxx
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

25-09-2009, 07:26 PM
Huge hugs, what an awful situation. Given the circumstances you would hope the sw would be contacting you, not you having to chase after them. If they are removing parental responsibility from your daughter does it actually matter if she doesn't want you to see him. surely it would now be up to the sw to decide.
Try not to let it make you ill though, you know you haven't done anything wrong and your daughters are being completely unreasonable.
I too have a grand daughter coming up for 6 who I haven't seen in 4 years, my eldest son who is her dad hasn't seen her for over two years and has just been told by text he'll never see her again because he dared to start a new relationship. I think it's tragic when kids are used in this way. I try not to think about it to be honest, I can't change how she feels or what she does.
I've found myself a surrogate grand daughter age 3 who seems to have adopted me despite having grandparents of her own and we've had some lovely days out over the summer.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2009, 07:31 PM
So sorry to read this, what an awful situation to be in. I hope that everything works out and you get to see your grandson xxx
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2009, 07:47 PM
my doctor is keeping a close eye on me. im seeing a councilor. but thanx so much for your kind words. some days i can keep it all neat n tidy n kept inside. other days im bawling my eyes out. being menopausal dont help either.
im going to take ben and my camera out 2morrow.just go out for a while.
going to langdonhills. used to go there when i was a young girl
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2009, 08:06 PM
Oh what a very sad situation, I really cannot imagine how you must be feeling. I really hope you get to see your grandson, I would have thought it would be good for him, surely the SW's must see that. Sending you lots of *hugs*.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2009, 08:08 PM
awe huny im so sorry to hear this, you must be under so much stress just now,

massive hugs, you know where I am if you need a rant, or whatever

xx shona
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2009, 08:14 PM
Oh how I feel for you. This would absolutely kill me, I just can't imagine not being able to see my Grand-kids
Huge {{{{ hugs}}}} to you.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >