Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2004, 02:41 PM

Friend has died

Well the news was not unexpected as she was diagnosed with breast cancer a while ago and although she did "recover" she was hit again this year, finaly it moved to her liver, spine everywhere it seems. Her name is Joy and she was 42 years old. She had moved back home with her parents, when it got to much to live alone.
I've been to see her Mom Dad and brother who are all devestated, escpecially her brother who still lives with his Mom and Dad and was especially close to his sister. Giving her morphine and staying up through the nights with her. The McMillan nurses have been great as have the family. Her Nan is distraught and to make matters worse her dog, is just lying by the door of the garage door (they had converted into a room so she could be downstairs) crying and hasn't moved since the undertakers took her body away. It is pitiful- and upsetting nothing they do can console him at all. Her cat has being lying on her bed since she became bedridden and refuses to move even now and hisses/strikes out whenever anyone tries to move him too.
I used to walk Sal with her dog and still took him when she was poorly, but he was purely her dog always has been. We lookied an odd sight sometimes towards the end, me Joy (complete with drip) two dogs, and three cats my two and her one following behind.

Almost three weeks ago when she was very poorly I took a large bunch of roses and lillies round for her. She apparently cried (I couldn't go inI had this damned cold) when she got them, saying she could "smell" them she had already her Dad said lost her sense of smell.
Her brother is going to read the poem by Henry Scott Holland

DEATH IS NOTHING AT ALL

And they are playing "Always look on the bright side of life" by Monty Python on the way out of the church, and "Bring Me Sunshine" by Morecamm&Wise on the way in.
And in between the songs that meant something to them/her.
Delilah by Tom Jones (she is a great TJ fan)
Gypsies Tramps and Thieves by Cher (can still here her arriving anywhere and that blasting from the sterero/cd from her mini.)
And I'm sitting on Top Of the World by AL Jolson

So I'd just like to say "Give them the flowers in the living years" as the song says. And tonight tell your family/friends you love them.
Karen
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2004, 02:47 PM
I'm so sorry Kazz
liberty
Dogsey Senior

04-11-2004, 02:49 PM
So sorry to hear your sad news

Thinking of you and her family at this sad time.

libs
Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2004, 02:49 PM
I am so sorry Kazz, its such a terrible thing to have to watch somebody you care about go through and such a horrible disease. I have lost many a family member through cancer its so sad my thoughts are with you & her family and all those who cared for her.....rest assured she is in a much better place now.
candie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2004, 02:51 PM
kazz i know exactly how you feel as my friend died of cervical cancer 10 years ago at the age of 26!!It will get easier but it will take a long time
kirstie b
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-11-2004, 02:54 PM
So sorry to hear your sad news Kazz, my thoughts are with you all
Kirstie
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2004, 03:15 PM
so sorry kazz
my thoughts are with you and the family
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2004, 03:16 PM
So sorry kazz, my thoughts are with you and joys family, one of my friends died of a form of cancer aged 16 you have my deepest sympathy
Sponge
Dogsey Veteran

04-11-2004, 03:38 PM
Kazz,

so sorry to hear about your friend, I lost my uncle to cancer (the one you get from asbestos,,methosemiona (sp).

I t was heart breaking.....he has been away for 2 years now...The tears are never far away when I think about him, but it is getting easier.

((((((((((((((((((xxxxxxxx)))))))))))))) thinking of your and your friends family...
Dreamon
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-11-2004, 04:12 PM
It's so very sad when someone is taken from us so young, my friend passed away only a couple of months ago due to diabetes he was only 39

My deepest sympathies both to you and to Joys family.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >