View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
MistyBlue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2008, 02:02 PM

had a Great walk today & met some Gorgeous Dogs!! how about you??

I went over the fields today Archie was SO excited!!

as we pulled up i saw 2 HUGE Long haired GSD's in the distance..........so we waited and got out just before they got to us haha!!

I HAD to meet them! god they were stunning Long haired Black & Gold Sable & Long hair BLack & Tan they were HUGE!!
i was going on and on to the people about howe iu want one!! and they were so lovely chattin to us for ages!!
then we met Another GSD! a very small girl who was a bi colour, black with tan paws! she was a rescue

then a choci lab, 2 tibetan terriers they was GORGEOUS!! i actually looked them up last year, there coats were lovely!
then a tibetan spaniel!!!

All the people were sooo lovely too!! stopping to chat!

Archie had a great time had him on the long line then set him free! lol! he did so much running i cant beleive he still wants to play we were they for a hour!! he was covered in mud, we were covered in mud!! lol we had a great time!
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2008, 02:05 PM
Glad you had such a great walk, especially after your recent ones. I love when we meet lots of dogs too
Fliggle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2008, 02:34 PM
Good to hear you all had a good time.

Heidi
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2008, 03:30 PM
It is good when you meet some friendly dogs and their owners want to stop and chat. I met an oldish woman the other night who had a Flatcoat and a crossbreed and we were chatting for ages about dogs, birdlife, litterbugs etc.

Normally I just say hello and we mind our own business but on a rare occassion your our walk does turn into a social event. I stopped to watch the Grade 2 gundog training yesterday and got chatting to everybody in that class and it does make you feel more involved. I even threw some dummies during the class!

Today i've just taken the dogs into the local woods and it was raining so not many people out. In a few minutes we are taking the dogs out with the bikes so I dont think there will be much chance of chatting then!

Sometimes, reading threads like this i'm a wee bit disappointed as there doesnt seem to be any unusual or interesting breeds round here. We never come across Tibetan Terriers!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2008, 03:40 PM
Mo met her boy friend a Collie called Dominoe in the woods and had a long run with him. Then she met a Yorkie called Suzie and came home covered in mud cos Suzie jumps on her back Then 2 GSDs, who didn't want to play a Boxer pup, who was kept on a lead and so couldn't play A JRT who Mo doesn't like, hubby can't make this out, but as I said to him, surely there are people you don't like!
We missed the two shi tzu's today, they must have been having a Sunday lie in!
Lovely people, and a lot of holidaymakers with their dogs.
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2008, 03:55 PM
We went to Graves Park, a beautiful big park which I rarely go to due to a large amount of other dogs (not good for Eddy) and a cafe (not good with Takara!).

However, this morning it was peeing it down so I knew there'd be nobody eating outside and Eddy doesn't like walking in the rain so visited my grandma with my mum instead so we took a walk up there.

We saw a rottie bitch who was beautiful and not big enough to frighten Takara - was very pleased with Takara's completely non plussed reaction as she's quite fearful of rotties.

We also met a few lovely dogs and walked around the Animal Farm where Takara got to meet the chickens, donkeys, turkeys and sheep!
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2008, 04:34 PM
mum walked ours today - took them down the canal -they both loved it - met no-one though cos it was peeing down lmao!!!!!!
MistyBlue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2008, 10:01 PM
Originally Posted by Leanne_W View Post
It is good when you meet some friendly dogs and their owners want to stop and chat. I met an oldish woman the other night who had a Flatcoat and a crossbreed and we were chatting for ages about dogs, birdlife, litterbugs etc.

Normally I just say hello and we mind our own business but on a rare occassion your our walk does turn into a social event. I stopped to watch the Grade 2 gundog training yesterday and got chatting to everybody in that class and it does make you feel more involved. I even threw some dummies during the class!

Today i've just taken the dogs into the local woods and it was raining so not many people out. In a few minutes we are taking the dogs out with the bikes so I dont think there will be much chance of chatting then!

Sometimes, reading threads like this i'm a wee bit disappointed as there doesnt seem to be any unusual or interesting breeds round here. We never come across Tibetan Terriers!

lol awww! i normally only seen the same dogs over and over!! labs/boxers/bulldogs/greyhounds/shih zus/hungrian visla/springers/bichon/cocker/westies/collies! also see a labradoodle yesterday it didnt look like any sort of dog jsut a very odd looking mix of dogs!

i was SP pleased to fianlyl see some GSD's! and some newbies!! the terriers were so cute my first thought was they were a poodle cross as there coat was very wavy/poodley looking lol!!!
they were lovelt though!
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2008, 10:09 PM
oh i can just imagine wee archie runnin freeeee ! what a great day, you deserve it xx
we were soaked, but had a good 2 hr walk anyway xx
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2008, 10:28 PM
We had a great day today. Drove down to friends of ours about a 2 hour drive and Ivan got to run around with 8 other Leos including some 5 month old pups who he was really gentle with.
It was wonderful to see him running free. There was also a big male Leo there who put Ivan is his place in no uncertain terms. It was good to see Ivan show some manners for a change.
Then we drove down to a nearby forest beside the river shannon so they all got to have a swim. Even the massive thunder storm didn't ruin the day it was fab and my boy is now out for the count.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >