Our sister sites
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2008, 06:42 PM

allergic to dog what can i do??

hi all

i think luca is allergic to bruno

now bruno isnt going anywhere but with luca only being 14 months there isnt anything i can give him - but is there anything I can give Bruno - ie coat his coat with it to help with Luca 's reactions - it seems to be more when luca gets licked by or lies near/on bruno - which obviously i can cut down but its difficult to avoid .

any ideas welcome
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2008, 06:58 PM
I am allergic to one off my dogs too,so I'll be interested in any replies,great thread btw,xxxxxxxxx
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2008, 07:04 PM
http://www.bio-life.co.uk/
go to products then petal cleanse!
Becky
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2008, 07:35 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
Becky
that looks like a great solution.

off to order some now - thanks becky..
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2008, 07:52 PM
What age do they have to be to take children`s piriton?

Just found it.....can take some of these anti-histamines from aged 1. My kids have had them and they are fab.

http://www.piriton.co.uk/children.htm
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2008, 08:03 PM
Originally Posted by Fudgeley View Post
What age do they have to be to take children`s piriton?

Just found it.....can take some of these anti-histamines from aged 1. My kids have had them and they are fab.

http://www.piriton.co.uk/children.htm
smashing - i thought he had to be older, however think i will try the petal cleanse first as i dont want to have to always medicate luca .... it will also be interesting for me as i am allergic to bruno when he touches my skin, but dont take anything just try to build up an immunity..

thanks all..
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2008, 08:19 PM
Hi Dani, I am allergic to the cats (I have 5!) and I have to take a nasal spray every day and antihistamines too when it is heavy moutling season. When Myles was younger he showed some of the same symptoms as myself but as he got to about 2 years old it gradually started to reduce and he is now 5 and has no problems at all.

Best of luck!
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2008, 08:28 PM
Originally Posted by random View Post
Hi Dani, I am allergic to the cats (I have 5!) and I have to take a nasal spray every day and antihistamines too when it is heavy moutling season. When Myles was younger he showed some of the same symptoms as myself but as he got to about 2 years old it gradually started to reduce and he is now 5 and has no problems at all.

Best of luck!
I am allergic to cats too, and take morrison's brand hayfever/allery tabs everyday, about 79p for 7.
My allergies are a lot less than when I was little as have bit up my resistance too (I've had over 60 cats in my life lol).
x_rose_x
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-01-2008, 08:34 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
Becky

Hope the above works for Luca or the Piriton, Dani and if not you find something that does

Best of Luck, hope its just sneezing he has as I know how annoying it is when your skin gets sore from the dogs (allergic to both of mine and have Eczema, which is made worse when I pet them or they give me kisses)
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2008, 09:29 PM
Originally Posted by x_rose_x View Post
Hope the above works for Luca or the Piriton, Dani and if not you find something that does

Best of Luck, hope its just sneezing he has as I know how annoying it is when your skin gets sore from the dogs (allergic to both of mine and have Eczema, which is made worse when I pet them or they give me kisses)
thanks all - its not sneezing at all its his skin, whenever he gets licked, lies beside or rubs himself on the dog ( he is 14 months he does all of the above ALOT) his skin flares up bright red and he itches - which is exactly what happens to me if i do the same ..... i dont sneeze etc with bruno although used to and still do with all other dogs.

i know that if i take him to doctor/health visitor i will get the oohhh perhaps get rid of the dog solution - which is not an option end of....

anyway will try the above and see how we get on....

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >