View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

27-05-2004, 03:50 PM

Guide, Etiquette and ideas for using Dogwebbers section..

As the new Dogwebbers section is new I thought it would be best to put this thread up with some ideas and guidelines on how we could use it.

OK...

as The page OWNER

As the page owner you may place whatever content you like in your page, whether it be about You, your dogs, your cats, your families, your work, your life, in fact anything you want (nothing too saucy tho!) It your homepage and its about you... Also a few of you have asked how many pix you can/should post - its totally up to you! It's your personal space on the web and you can have as many or as few pix as you want - there's no set rules you can make it as unique as you like

It's up to you whether you want to let people add comments or not, if you do, simply put something like... "Please feel free to add any comments below" If you don't simply put (NRP) at the bottom of your last post (NRP = No Replies Please) and if anyone does happen to post in your thread simply PM me or 'Dogweb' and we will remove the posts.

Also bear in mind that people visiting your homepage may not necessarily be Dogweb members (depending on who and where you 'advertise' your homepage address) so you might want to place 'links' in your homepage to all of your other pictures threads etc that you already have on dogweb, it's up to you, you don't have to, just an idea.

Just to give you an example tho, this is what I will probably be doing... Before the Dogwebbers section I had one thread for Rocky in the pictures section which I used to keep updated with his pix, but now, as we have our own homepage I shall ditch that idea and just make a new thread in the pictures section whenever I get some new pics to post HOWEVER i'll also place a link to those new threads in my Dogwebbers Homepage so people visiting my homepage can see those picture threads too. The reason I like this idea is because when they go to those pic pages they will see all of your comments as well! I'll probably but a heading like GALLERY and then underneath place the links with the link title as the date, something like this:

G A L L E R Y

ROCKYS PICTURES

04th Jan 04 - at the park
15th Jan 04 - at the beach
03th Feb 04 - sleepyhead
08th Feb 04 - Swimming
02th Mar 04 - Playing

Obviously all of those above will be links to the actual pages (I just made those up).

It's easy to make links, here's how:

Fisrt find the page you want to make the link to, go to it and in the 'go' or address bar in your browser you will have the address, copy this and then go to your new post where you want to place the link and do this:

type
[code]

[url=AND THEN PLACE/PASTE THE 'ADDRESS' HERE]then type the descprition here such as '04th Jan 04 - at the park'[/url]

[/code]
easy huh?

If you guys have any more suggestions or questions place them in this thread...

as The page VISITOR

I guess the only thing to say here is whether or not we should 'reply' in someones homepage - well the best thing to do is to see if the page owner has 'invited' any comments and if so, give them a chance to complete the page first...

Alohacorso did a good thing by starting a thread in the off topic section asking people to visit her homepage, so if you see anyone do that take that as they feel their page is near enough complete or ready enough for visitors! Also same goes for Board owners, may do what Alocha did too?

Again any comments or suggestions let us know here!
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2004, 07:27 AM
But what do you mean with this LIVE thing

Maybe I'm just daft but I don't get it

Jeanette
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

30-05-2004, 02:04 PM
Which bit are you referring to Jeanette?
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2004, 07:42 AM
You write that it's live. Do you mean that its up and running. so it's live like everything else?

I'm probablely just misreading - I do that sometimes. And it just occured to me tha when you wrote live it was probablely just to tell us that it's working

Sorry

Jeanette
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

31-05-2004, 01:01 PM
Ya Jeanette its all live and up and running