Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

29-05-2007, 10:27 PM

Children of the Chinese Circus BBC4

Did anyboy see this on BBC4 tonight.

It left me speechless regarding the mental, emotional and physical demands put on such young children. Amazing but shocking both in their ability but also the way they were treated.

Children of the Chinese Circus
Part of the Children's TV on Trial season. Why are Chinese acrobats and circus performers some of the best in the world? With complete access to Shanghai's Circus school, two Chinese filmmakers give a rarely glimpsed insight into its gruelling training regimes.

Children as young as eight have their bodies stretched and tested, as they learn to master the most taxing feats of acrobatic grace and daring. Harsh demands are also made of teachers and parents as their proteges strive to be Number One in the circus. Some strong language. [S]
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2007, 08:13 AM
I saw the some of it, seeing that boy crying while upside down was heartbreaking, and I thought it was obvious he was unhappy doing it, was stunned at his father saying he wouldn't help if his mother threw him out of the house! I thought he was very good when he translated the teachers words into deaf sign language for his parents and vice versa - could easily have changed things to benefit him. Poor lad.
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2007, 08:25 AM
I missed it phil but to be honest from what you and trish are saying about it im very glad i did ,those poor kids xx
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2007, 11:00 AM
I saw a bit on how they were training kids for the Olympics, another reason why I have no intnetion of watching the Beijing Olympics next year, not only animal abuse but human rights issues too.
Becky