Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2021, 09:11 AM

Daily Thread,Wednesday, 13th January,2021

Good morning all, Have a good day and take care of you and your four legged friends. Stay safe and well, God bless.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-01-2021, 09:31 AM
Just tried booking on line with a new optician, my old one rfetired and passed on all my details tgo this new one. ould well be in breach of the data protection act. However Not over impressed already with this new one, tried booking on line and they have shut down their web stite booking page but not said they had. After several minuits of trying then tried ringing them after 9am their opening times to get a recorded message.
Second time got through only to be told they were not taking routine inspections even though they sent by post a reminder to call them.
To top it all I should have a free eye test as an OAP but they want to charge me £15 for a facial picture not the usual retina inspection. I could take a photo of my face and give it to them if that is what they want.

Gave some BS about having to do this because of covis19. With my luck no doubt I will be turned away from going to another area by the police and be fined.

Not a good start to the day
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2021, 09:55 AM
Good morning everyone

Fingers crossed your nephew is ok Kazz but a nightmare wait non the less. My dentist phoned last week to cancel as one of their members had tested positive then negative but so far have had no phone call with a new appointment so assume they were positive

Pleased Dave is feeling better Chris.

Soggy here this morning so madam has taken to her bed will have to see what happens later

Hope all ae well stay safe.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

13-01-2021, 12:52 PM
Barry - "some BS about having to do this because of covid19"

I do get the feeling that people are exploiting the situation

Kazz - Thinking of you and your nephew, hope there's a good outcome.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2021, 02:17 PM
Barry, that's annoying. I am due to go to my opticians in February and my eyesight has deteriorated. I haven't heard from the eye clinic since last year when they postponed my appointment. Same with my Renal appointment. Still I am staying away from hospitals at the moment and still isolating since last March. Soon be a year the way time is flying. Mind you it doesn't seem like it while I am missing Amber so much.