Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2017, 07:38 AM

Daily Thread, Thursday, 16th March

Good morning everyone, the sun is shining here!

June, I am praying the vet got all the core of the tumour out and Cariad continues to do well for a long time to come.
Hope your son hears some good news soon.

Lynn, hope things are improving with Dillon, poor old boy.

Griff, hope you are feeling better today.

All our other friends two and four legged hope all is well with you.

Have a good day, stay warm and dry and safe and well, God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-03-2017, 08:22 AM
Morning Moyra and all who follow.
Nice day here again to hoping it stays nice as I have the car to wash and some washing to get dry.

June I echo what Moyra has said.
griff good idea re: the prescription Maca visits Spain but I am not sure I want him on tramadol just yet. He needs a bit of help but reluctant to go down that route just yet.
Still researching natural pain killers for now. He has become use to the cortaflex like he did the vetvits. So we need to up the game slightly.
I don't mind something similar to the previcox that I can give half of a tablet to him when needed but you can't halve the tramadol it comes in a capsule.
I really am not keen on it at all to be honest and not if it makes him drowsy.

Hope everyone is well and all four legged friends.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2017, 12:56 PM
to be honest Lynn, it never affected any of my dogs at all and you can give a part dose by opening the capsule and tipping some onto the food and rebuilding the capsule...not an exact dose but not giving the full amount, just something to bear in mind for future use
Hi Moyra, i am o.k thanks...very very tired but with no sleep i am not surprised Lol
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-03-2017, 02:06 PM
Thanks for that info griff. Funny as i was typing it I thought why can't you just tip the amount you want out.
Still not sure he is ready for the tramadol route quite yet. Trying to keep him as drug free as possible as I know in the not to far distant future we will most definitely taking that route.
Hope you get some sleep later.

Well almost sorted for our short break. Car washed, Mark's bed changed will change our bedding tomorrow before we leave so joel has clean sheets for his short stay.
Washing almost up to date and just got Dillon brushed. His bed is packed extra covers for the cottage flooring and his towels. He had packed himself earlier in the back of the car and spent most of the morning in there.
He came out when he saw me get his brushes out.
Just hoovering and dusting to do and then a shower for myself. All then that's left is packing Dillon's bits and ours.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-03-2017, 02:25 PM
Was thinking about the Tramadol, Lynn. The ones Lona had were tablets as I remember deciding to lessen the dose as she came to the end of them rather than just stop,and I cut them in half. Obviously there are other types than just capsules.
Hope you have a lovely trip away, the change will be a break from all the day to day dramas you are just about surviving.
Had the girls out this morning, been very overcast and a cool wind, brightened up a while ago.
Rain forecast later, then all day tomorrow and Saturday, hoping its wrong and misses us, the forecast for Sunday is already much improved.
That means I can get Zen to training for her Silver test, torrential rain was forecast, and although she has the new all in one (which may or may not fit her as she is too long in the body already for it) I didn't fancy being out in it. There is no training after that for a couple of weeks as it is shut for Mothers Day, then they have the Northern GSD Show the following week, then I think it is Easter.
Zen did another brilliant distance recall again today. I was taking yet more coat off Kesh and got absorbed in it, Zen was nearby with a ball playing, when I looked up she was gone, panic stations as I couldn't see her anywhere, there are some woods at the back of the field and I called her and whistled and I saw her right over the other side, called her again and she came running up. Should have kept a better eye on her as you never know what could happen, someone could have just put a lead on her and she would have been gone. Will teach me and I'll put her on a lead next time just so she can't wander off.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2017, 03:27 PM
Zen's recall is brilliant! Getting adventurous though!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-03-2017, 04:17 PM
Yeah I'm going to have to be more careful, completely my fault, found a matt under Keshi's tummy and was concentrating on getting it out without her screaming like a banshee. Zen is very good for her age, but like you say Moyra, very adventurous, and it could be her undoing. Note To Self, Do Not Forget About Zen!!!
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2017, 08:08 PM
Hello all,
Well my mum has landed. Will go see her in morning as she's shattered.

Well done Zen on coming back when she was shouted.
Lynn have a fab weekend away
Right going to order takeaway, be back later
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2017, 10:50 PM
At least Zen came backj!!! Could she tell Dakota to do the same
Mandy hope your mum is o.k
Do you ever get the feeling that life dumps on you more than you can cope with??? Now I am struggling without Steve..slwriously, I am so very very lonely..anyway, mum & dad had this massive trip planned to America next year, dad has pulled out, refused to go and I am stucjk in the middle, my mum has said she is done with him...I really don't need this, I slap a fakesmile on my face every single day and make out life is fine & nowi am stuck in the middle of this...I swear, if it weren't for the dogs and cat I would run....again...sorry, got nobody else to say this to anymore
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-03-2017, 12:32 AM
Griff, please don't build your life round that waste of space. You were fine before you came across him and he never did anything that improved your life one iota. You have nothing to miss him for.
Cannot believe your dad is backing out of such a long planned trip, is he mad.
I know its hard to move on when you have built your life around someone, but he did not build his life around you and was of no actual benefit. You did all the running about, please consign him to history and look after yourself
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >