Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Wyrd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2012, 10:56 AM

Just seen a Hedgehog

I just went outside to let my chickens out and a hedghog came pootling down the drive, under my back gate and stopped right by my feet.
I know hedgehogs out in daylight is not usually a good sign, and it's pelting down with rain here so I ran upstairs to get the dog crate and set it up in the conservatory, but when I went back to where it had been it had vanished.
I looked around the garden but couldn't see it, I'm worried in case the poor thing is ill as I'm sure it's the one I had to move the other night as Cooper found it in the garden.

Should I leave some food out for it in case it's ill and hungry?
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2012, 11:32 AM
Sure there is enough slugs around at the moment for him to catch if he can still get about he'll be able to forage for food it may have babies that it is trying to get food for?? If you crate him/her the babies wouldn't survive
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-07-2012, 11:39 AM
Hi Tasha maybe you would like to take part in the national survey by report your sighting here..
http://www.hedgehogstreet.org/pages/...on-survey.html

I had a HH trapped in the netting covering my strawberries last week . I freed it and it was fine.

If you decide to feed it chicken flavoured dog food is best never bread and milk .With the summer being so wet there is a plentiful supply of slugs so they should be well fed at the moment..