Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2009, 08:57 PM

Would you...?

Okay, Eddy's getting on now, he'll be 14 this month and his back legs are very stiff. Whilst the previcox gives him some level of pain relief he's still sore a lot of the time and the cold really doesn't help.

During the day he has to come to the shop with me as there's nobody to look after him at home and I really couldn't afford a pet sitter at this present moment in time. The shop doesn't have any central heating so I use electric heaters but it's still too cold for him and today he ended up staying in his coat all day. It's an outdoor coat so not very comfortable for lounging around in.

The question is... should I get him one of these:
http://equafleece.co.uk/store/dog_suits.html

Would you put a dally in one? They look silly enough to me on small dogs but if needs must?
Adele-84
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-01-2009, 09:00 PM
You know if its going to help him to be comfortable, it doesnt really matter what he looks like. Its not like your dressing him up like a dolly, he obviously needs to be warm and cosy. You know whats right for your dog, and if he needs to be warm then this is def an option! He could borrow my all in one pj's but im using them
pingu007
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-01-2009, 09:02 PM
i saw a whippet and collie wearing them in pets at home before xmas...they looked really snug! i would go for it...as its his health that will benifit! it wont matter if he looks odd!
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2009, 09:08 PM
If it helps my dog feel more comfortable then yes I would. A dog doesn't care how he looks. x
Tye_Bo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-01-2009, 09:11 PM
The only thing I would say is that I had one for my dobie and being so long legged, he strugged to get his feet in the 'arms'?
lynnb
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-01-2009, 09:12 PM
I don't think eddy would care what he looks like as long as he's warm lottie.
Gina&Jaz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-01-2009, 09:16 PM
We've got one for just the front feet for Jaz, because when she comes back from walks where shes got wet she gets very cold. It's really great and keeps her very, very warm, and if you feel inside when they've got it on it's pure heaven.
The only problem I would say is that it's a bit awkward getting their legs into the sleeves. I don't know if the full body one works a bit differently, but I know with ours you really have to get them to tuck their leg up so you can get it into the sleeve.
For Jaz it's perfect, but for Eddie I'd be a bit worried, and maybe I would look for a easier thing to put on.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2009, 09:19 PM
Bloody hell, I wondered what you were asking us then when I hovered over the thread! Thank God I was wrong!

Yes, get him one now, I think it's a no brainer and the red will look gorgeous with those lovely spots! Do it and then post a picture in my Winter Woofies thread xx
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2009, 09:25 PM
http://www.agilitywarehouse.com/prod...il.cfm?id=2399
this fleece on here is a good one-my gsds where it in cold weather before and after agility.but it can be used on a daily basis-i find that it gives more freedom in movement than other fleeces i have seen. personally i dont care what other people think of my dogs wearing these-they where them not for a fashion accessory but because it benefits them and keeps them happier and healthier
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2009, 09:36 PM
Thanks guys

I'm not really worried what he looks like, and I know he isn't! I just didn't know if I was going overboard

Thanks for the link gsdmad that looks like it would be a lot easier to get on because, as others have said, I'm not sure how easy it would be to get his legs in one - we sometimes struggle with the straps on his coat!

Might even get T one for when she's been swimming or training
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >