Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2014, 11:36 AM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
Rocky only had a few collars, I just bought good quality ones to begin with which lasted a lifetime

I know Tina on Breedia is a collar addict too! Here's one of her recent threads Dog collars
I have a blue, dirty, horrid collar that was bought for Brownie when he was about 3 years old by my parents. He lived to over 15 and died last Feb. Jade now uses the collar and I always check it over and it's still in great shape, dingy looking, but works perfectly and no damage

What's funny is that the collar is only a normal nylon PLASTIC snap collar and BOTH dogs are/were pullers. They are usually such garbage, the plastic ones. You can never tell with these things.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

06-08-2014, 12:46 PM
Originally Posted by mjfromga View Post
I have a blue, dirty, horrid collar that was bought for Brownie when he was about 3 years old by my parents. He lived to over 15 and died last Feb. Jade now uses the collar and I always check it over and it's still in great shape, dingy looking, but works perfectly and no damage

What's funny is that the collar is only a normal nylon PLASTIC snap collar and BOTH dogs are/were pullers. They are usually such garbage, the plastic ones. You can never tell with these things.
I kept Rocky's collars too, and take comfort from its smell - it still smells of him!
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2014, 01:13 PM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
I kept Rocky's collars too, and take comfort from its smell - it still smells of him!
Mmm, dog smell. Yuck, lol. I probably would have pitched or given away all his stuff if I didn't have or plan to get another dog. Certainly would not be smelling it, but to each his own!
Vicky88
Almost a Veteran
Female 

06-08-2014, 11:16 PM
Holly has 6 collars.
Ted has 2.

I am hoping to get Holly 2 more, just because I love those two collars . Of course I will have to buy Ted one as well .

Holly is never walked on a collar, it just has her tag on, plus they look pretty .
janie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2014, 08:49 AM
I too have a collar (and harness) addiction.. i can't help myself..

My other half sternly asked me not to buy a ton of new stuff when we got the pup (Ava) recently.. he knows what i'm like.

But because he knows what i'm like, i totally disregarded anything he said and now we are on collar 5 in 6 months.. harness 4 and lead 3.. and of course i have to have the same for Mia, because of course they have to match

I have the collars of my two bigguns Freya & Noah (the last ones they had before we lost them) They are wrapped around their ashes containers.. complete with tags and favourite toy.
LMost
Dogsey Senior
Male 

09-08-2014, 04:34 PM
Mouse just has the one.
As he skipped small, and got a medium as 12 weeks, and now at 8 months has 1 one left before he outgrows his large. Looking at some x-large now.

Once he hits 2-2.5yrs will look at perm collars.

Most likely a heavy duty one and a OLI collar.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2