Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2014, 10:45 AM

Problems with Neighbours

I really just need to vent.. I haven't been around for a long time... I have been busy... my life has been changing...

I have three dogs, 15yr old Pharaoh (Lurcher), 5yr old Kismet (Husky x) and baby 18month Dexter (Samoyed x).

They are not noisy.

When I leave Kismet and Dexter in the garden for 3-5hours a day maximum, they play, they laze about.. Dexter barks at Kismet off and on, he wants to play more than she does... I watch them on a webcam.

A couple of weeks ago my neighbour came pounding on my door screaming at me about their noise (Kismet and Dexter were having a bit of a wrestle), he shouted about them attacking each other and fighting (playing, neither is ever hurt and I can break it up with a whistle)... He had called the police... :/

I am not in the wrong, I know that... The dogs do not make too much noise... But the neighbour is making my life increasingly miserable... I can't relax in my garden, he looks over the fence and argues with me and criticises me...

If I leave the house, he comes after me.. Where am I going? How long will I be?

Yesterday he offered to look after Dexter for me if I went out, so that he wouldn't be 'lonely' and make so much noise... At my wits end I agreed... Dexter seemed fine... But now I am sitting in my house worried that if I want to go out, to the gym I have to drop Dexter with him again...

I have lived here for 15 years... They moved in 8 years ago and have been making my life miserable ever since... I hate them... I want to move

I have to go now... Dexter is shouting at Kismet in the garden again.. I'd better go bring them in to the house and shut them in

This sucks
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2014, 10:55 AM
Well the noise is obviously too much for them, even if it is not to you. If they keep calling police, best thing to do is bring the dogs inside so he can't hear them. Having to deal with police for no real reason is something that has happened to me quite a bit here.

This is no offense at all but you have a Husky and a Samoyed... they tend to be VERY vocal dogs, so perhaps you're making more noise than you think you are, because it is something you are used to. Has happened to me, so not judging the situation.

Sad that you're so upset by this... maybe a move is in place? If you could do that? One more thing after reading your thread again. This sounds like a man that perhaps is interested in you. He always looks at you and speaks to you, even if it is hostile, he offers to look after your dog for a weird reason, he follow you from your yard, and he won't leave you alone regardless.

Either he's interested in you for some reason, or he's a weirdo. If he bothers you that much, I'd call police and report that he follows you out and harasses you with questions that are none of his business.
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2014, 11:04 AM
He's married... They are an elderly retired couple and I think just have nothing better to do

They want to live in a silent retirement neighbourhood... But we are a busy young neighbourhood. When not screaming at me, he's shouting at the children living two doors down, or the poor lady on the other side who works odd hours and frequently has to come home in the early hours of the morning. :/
Fourlegz
Almost a Veteran
Female 

22-07-2014, 11:05 AM
Hi Magpye,

Can you keep the dogs indoors for a day or two and excersise them on walks instead of having then in the garden?
Just to let things settle down a bit?
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2014, 11:07 AM
He is worse if I leave them in the house I tried that... He says it sounds like they are in his living room with him... (They were in an upstairs bedroom as far from his living room as they could be and with no shared wall... But they have to have the window open in this weather and they can still be heard in the garden... They are also much less happy in the bedroom than the garden, so are noisier
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2014, 11:11 AM
They are walked twice a day, early in the morning and late in the afternoon when it is cool enough... Their playing in the day is just them being them... they hug and wrestle and play when they are in a good mood... It's not constant.. They are just sleeping at the moment... I do not want to keep them from the garden.. They have a paddling pool and shade... It would be horrible to have to keep them in
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2014, 11:15 AM
I wish I had enough money to just pack up and move somewhere else I want a little place with no bloody neighbours
Fourlegz
Almost a Veteran
Female 

22-07-2014, 11:16 AM
I know, I hate keeping ours in. He sounds like a difficult person to get along with.
It's always made so much worse when they don't have enough to do (the neighbours that is).
Do you have any of those PCSO (community police) in your area that you could speak to.
It might look good for you to voice your concerns and show that you're doing what you can to keep the noise down.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2014, 11:18 AM
I think I see the problem. You simply have elderly neighbors that are over sensitive and nosy. They can't STAND noise oftentimes. My neighbor is like that, too. She is over 60. She has insulted my hair, my dogs, my yard, my mother, and called police for stupid things many times.

I've never been in any legal trouble, the police come out (sometimes)... listen to her shouting and being dramatic, take a report and leave until the next time she calls them. It gets tiring, truly.. it does. Other neighbors looking on and it's horrible.

I have had to defend myself against her words a few times, and we had a horrid altercation that took place a while back where she made some threats and so I made my own back and she has left me alone since then.

Maybe you could have a chat with him and try and come to an agreement on something... or maybe it's time to tell him off and let him know he's wasting his time and needs to mind his business. A truly unfortunate situation to be in
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2014, 11:30 AM
Regardless of the situation with the dogs,he has no right to ask where you're going or how long you'll be What's up with that??
If you're watching the dogs on the web cam then you'll know yourself how vocal they are.Can you maybe record it?might be useful if the police are called again.
We have dogs either side of us,one of them barks constantly and I have to admit its a pain sometimes,just goes on and on,for hours,sometimes Most days I just try to ignore but on a few occasions it does my head in and I go back inside House is up for sale as it happens,be a whole lot quieter,that's for sure
Can imagine how much this whole scenerio with your neighbours is effecting your life,must be awful Really hope you can get things sorted(( hugs))
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >