Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

28-07-2009, 11:35 AM
Originally Posted by MissE View Post
Later in the article from Bloomberg Press comes this quote

Thanks for getting this, I just couldn't bring myself to investigate further.

Sadly, I fear the short memory will be true.
Well it's good to see some academics pointing out the disgust of all right minded people, but sadly for many the 'short memory' thing is, as you point out, most likey

In the end I fear it's not what he did but the possible drop in takings at the gate which will decide if gets back into a team.
Labman
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-07-2009, 02:29 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,...est=latestnews

There is hope.

It is interesting he may be punished more than some accused of rape and murder.

If he ends up with Gillette Stadium as his home, should we all quit buying Gillette products?
ingi
Dogsey Junior
Male 

30-07-2009, 07:17 AM
Originally Posted by Labman View Post
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,...est=latestnews

There is hope.

If he ends up with Gillette Stadium as his home, should we all quit buying Gillette products?
I hope he does not end up there, I am a Liverpool Fan and we have the same owners....The Gillette's!!!!!
Pippin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-07-2009, 09:33 AM
I t is still very sad that because of people like him dogs are breed to fight and the back lash is lots and lots of dogs are destroyed becaues they are of "that breed type" If they locked up and threw away the key on these "people type" we might then be able to stop some of the hysteria around breed types..
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

30-07-2009, 10:42 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,535380,00.html?test=latestnews

There is hope.

Thanks for the link to Fox news - I see PETA are asking that he has a brain scan - I think that would be difficult since they would first have to find a brain on which to scan.

So, so far he's not found a team to play for but what is depressing is that no one seems to be taking his criminal past into account and are more worried about whether he would still be able to pull the crowds in - Let's hope he can't find a team.

This is all so reminiscent of the story over here where a 2nd. Division football club took on a player who had a conviction for killing a horse to gat back at someone who had cheated him. (IIRC it was Lincoln town or Boston or one of the Lincolnshire clubs, not worth my time to go back and get the details)

ETA:-
Sadly I'm not sure if boycotting Gillette would work, but I always buy Wilkinson Sword as they are far better quality products anyway
buzzie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-07-2009, 10:23 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,535380,00.html?test=latestnews

There is hope.

I think that might be a great idea. Writing letter to the NFL or team manager is almost like beating a dead horse. They have to have the money cut off but good.

It just breaks my heart that someone could get away with this and since he has a talent, he is excused and let go back to play football.

People here in the states are unhappy that he hasn't even said he was sorry. I don't mind that at all because I would not believe him for one minute.

I could go on for hours on how I feel about Michael Vick but we all know he's a low life and will always be one.

One good thing!! Glad to see you back Losos my friend, you take care of your leg so you can get back in the fast lane. lol
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2009, 10:51 PM
Not to defend him, but he DID say he was sorry.... that being said, I didn't believe him one iota!!!! I am asking everyone I know to boycott the NFL. not hard in Canada, as we have our own football... which IMO is much better LOL. letting him back into the NFL is like telling people that it's alright to fight dogs. I'm just happy that there are ALOT of teams not going to allow him back in. Dog fighting is a HUGE problem in the States, they even steal pets from owners yards for bait dogs. I'm sure it goes on here too, but I've never heard of anything.
buzzie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-07-2009, 11:04 PM
Originally Posted by Sara'n'Scout View Post
Not to defend him, but he DID say he was sorry.... that being said, I didn't believe him one iota!!!! I am asking everyone I know to boycott the NFL. not hard in Canada, as we have our own football... which IMO is much better LOL. letting him back into the NFL is like telling people that it's alright to fight dogs. I'm just happy that there are ALOT of teams not going to allow him back in. Dog fighting is a HUGE problem in the States, they even steal pets from owners yards for bait dogs. I'm sure it goes on here too, but I've never heard of anything.
I did not know he had said he was sorry. well bully for him, no bun intended.

You do have stronger dog laws her in the UK but we continue to push for these things but Canada and the UK always seem to be ahead of us in that area. Hope some day to catch up. Football is so loved by so many here that I don't think a boycott of the NFL would work but it would be worth a try. Like some have said already by fall they won't even remember what M. V. did or care in some cases which is really sad.

It's the non-football fans and dog lovers that seem to have the most passion. So if the non-football fans don't buy tickets, they didn't anyway but the dog lovers could be torn and not attend but i wouldn't bet on it.

It's a sad day for all people not just dogs.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

31-07-2009, 10:55 AM
Originally Posted by buzzie View Post
I could go on for hours on how I feel about Michael Vick but we all know he's a low life and will always be one.
Hi Buzzie, thanks for your input, he hasn't found a team yet and you might get to hear if he does before we (In UK) do, so please let us know if you find out.

Thanks for the kind words ref. my leg it's improving every day and I even tried a tentative step with out the crutches yesterday, so fingers crossed I will be walking in a few weeks time.
buzzie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-07-2009, 11:31 AM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Hi Buzzie, thanks for your input, he hasn't found a team yet and you might get to hear if he does before we (In UK) do, so please let us know if you find out.

Thanks for the kind words ref. my leg it's improving every day and I even tried a tentative step with out the crutches yesterday, so fingers crossed I will be walking in a few weeks time.
I find your news from the states very current but if I hear anything, I will be sure to let you all know.

I'm sure the next two weeks cannot come fast enough Losos, I will keep you in my prayers.

I re-read what I wrote and I meant to say "no pun intended" oh you knew that I hope LOL
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >