Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2008, 07:10 PM

The decking's in!

I'm really pleased with the new decking! It's only a small area at the back, but I wanted it to be an extension of the lounge on the same level through the french doors, and I've got one of those nice big roller blinds arriving next week for over the top of it! This is part of the new driveway at the rear of the house, and it's all coming along just great! I will post up tomorrow when he's finished it all, I'm gosmacked at the difference we've made out there and we can park 5 cars out there now, with a humping great big garage toboot! The new gates are fantastic too, so we're completely private and secure, and the horrible carbunkle of a garage we used to have has now gone!! Been well worth all the upheavel over the past 3 weeks I can tell you!

I designed this myself, I wanted the "picture frame" effect and I wanted dark hardwood, but it's not quite dark enough yet, it needs more coats of oil, but we'll get there!

It's been a bit like the Fourth Bridge around here for the past year! As soon as we get one thing done, it just shows up how bad another thing is, and so it goes on! Lol! we'll be out there with our paintbrushes this week-end painting the house again now, it looks so bad!!! That'll definitely be the last thing to do though, I've had enough now!!!
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2008, 07:13 PM
Very snazzy! Roll on the warmer weather and you can get outside and enjoy it all.xx
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2008, 07:14 PM
Well I have to say I love it and boy it's stunning,xxxxxxxxx
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2008, 07:16 PM
Looks lovely Helena, and I can see why you are so pleased, I can see you out there with your sangria
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2008, 07:21 PM
Thanks guys, yes, very posh isn't it!!! What with the new front garden, the new loft extension, and now the new rear driveway, I shall have to think about putting in the new moat and drawbridge!!!!! Lol! My little country estate this has become now!!! All the drums are beating in this village I can tell you!!!! I can't wait to get the valuers in next week, we've definitely gone over the £400K mark now that's for sure!!!
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2008, 07:41 PM
looks fab Helen ..................roll on summer
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2008, 07:57 PM
Thanks Lise! I think I may have gone a bit ott with the pink gravel though!!!! Nah, it looks nice!
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2008, 08:13 PM
yeap it looks nice .............love the pink gravel
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-02-2008, 08:13 PM
Guess why Helen wants it to be completely private.

It so when the summer comes she can do some topless sunbathing?
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2008, 08:16 PM
Looks great H!
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »