View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2006, 11:54 AM
well at least yours makes the effort to squat my lazy s*d just stands there and goes he is 18 months and can cock his leg when he wants to i just reckon he is too lazy to bother i wouldn't worry too much about it
angelmist
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2006, 12:13 PM
My male is 14 months & he only cocks his leg for lamp posts and nothing else, he never really cocks his leg at home, I prefer it that way.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2006, 12:31 PM
Georgie is 7 now and he still pees like a bitch? It doesn't bother me though!
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2006, 01:08 PM
Now this is a subject I have spent some years studying, given that the dog is intact those who live with another male (intact or not) or sometimes even a dominate female are slow to cock their leg, almost as if they are not wishing to draw attention to themselves and seem to refrain from cocking until they reach full maturity. All fully mature dogs seem to go in for 2 types of evacuation, the cocking that declares that this is his area of control and the ‘horse’ stance that seems to be for the empting of the bladder.

It is true that a dog castrated before maturity may never ‘cock’ and those done in later live may stop or decrease the amount of marking they do.
petebren
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2006, 02:30 PM
Wow thanks all, shows how naiai oh cant spell it shows how little I know after owning dogs for over 30 years! Only had one male dog when a youngster and naturally assumed all males cocked their legs, well your replies show different and are brill so thanks all .
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2