Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ash
Dogsey Senior
Male 

13-11-2004, 09:40 AM

Walking 2 Dogs, At The One Time

Ok call me silly for even contemplating walking 2 dogs at the same time.

Zues Around 46 kg
Kumo 50 kg

I can see some grass sking coming on here.

Nah They can both Heel now to a degree, but because they both have been trained to heel on my left side, How do I take them both for a walk.
Some times I dont have the time, to take them One at a time.
So it would be nice to have the option to take them both together on Occasions..
What do other DW's do when they walk more than one dog at a time ????

Thanks

Ashley...
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2004, 09:46 AM

Its a crazy experience with my two
Is ok until one decides to go in the opposite direction to the other when they spot something
kirstie b
Almost a Veteran
Female 

13-11-2004, 11:20 AM
Hi Ash I have my two on a double leader and harnesses.
Their prefered position is Jas on the outside with Bosun tucked between me and him. It works well as you still have one hand free but I have had some hairy grass skiing moments... there's usually squirrels involved
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2004, 11:37 AM
I can see some grass sking coming on here.
I know the feeling only to well

I walk 3 dogs a once. Thier combined weight is 90kg and I'm 59kg Thankfully they're good on the lead. The only problem I have is when they see a small furry, then the grass skiing comes into effect, which I might add, have got down to a fine art The trenches I've made are briliant
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2004, 11:49 AM
I used to have a double lead and Jas was always on the outside and Tam tucked in between me and him.

Fun for anyone watching when I took them out in the snow on the double lead
candie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2004, 11:59 AM
i go mud skiing avery day with my 4, its a total nightmare getting pulled from one end of the park to the other
gordon lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2004, 11:59 AM
All three at the same time, its not really that hard unless they see another dog or cat or bird or other small animal. Their combined weight is 54 kg (HA, nothing compared to yours Ash ) BUT, Penny can pull 75 kg (we've tested her with a sled and bags of sand), and Tam can pull 35 kg (we found this out by accident, he just started pulling our sofa round while tied up to it) . Lucy isn't so strong but when combined with the others , I only weigh 60 kg too so it can get really fun.

But usually Tamino and Lucy are on my left side with Lucy on the outside and Tam on the inside, Penny on my right side. When they are allowe the length of the lead they fan out in front of me. When Penny and Tam are being walked they are both on my left, with Penny on the outside and Tam on the inside.
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

13-11-2004, 01:47 PM
I couldn't imagine walking two Rockys!
God help you Ash!
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2004, 02:14 PM
Hi
Whenever I dogsit Bella (GSD) I walk both her and Luna.

I would say Bella weighs 30 something kiloes now, and Luna is about 26 kiloes

I have the same problem Ash, but that's when they are off lead. They just cant go heel next to each other...

But if they are on lead I have one in each hand. As Bella is the strongest I prefer to have her on my left (I'm lefthanded).

But I might add, that most off the time when we walk they are off lead. If we walk up at the center with the stores, I can have Luna off lead and keep Bella on lead (Bella has this thing with zig zagging when off lead and that's no good near people and bikes) and then its easy peacy.

But I'm just 50 kiloes so one tug on the lead from both of them, and I'm on the ground. Bella is always very eager when we see other dogs, where as Luna she just trots along....
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2004, 02:39 PM
My dogs are trained to walk to heel which ever side i walk them on, although its usually ruby and purdey on my left and scrump on my right.
My god if my three decide to go, i dont have a chance, they are very strong!
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >