View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2010, 01:09 PM
Aaargh how annoying - my connection won't let me see all the pics, but I can see number 1, 3 and 4 Who'd have imagined that Loki would be such a natural She looks great. Glad you all enjoyed it.

As I have said before, if you ever want a practice (for free) you are more than welcome to come up here and use some of our dog training sheep
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2010, 03:46 PM
Originally Posted by Benzmum View Post
Brilliant pictures Hali, They look like they are really enjoying themselves, what a great day out for them
Thanks Lynne Not sure that Hoki will be able to do it too regularly (though she showed no ill affects last night or this morning) but I hope to be able to give Stumpy a go more often

Originally Posted by muttzrule View Post
Brill pics! I love watching dogs work!
Thanks I'm not sure we can strictly call what they were doing yesterday as 'working' - there isn't too much structure at the moment, just seeing what comes naturally to them. Hopefully in a few weeks they're be some proper work photos

Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
Originally Posted by youngstevie
WOW fantastic hun......wish you had Skye there too Oh! and Tess she is a real herder now
Next time you come up hun

Look forward to that Love to meeting Viv, as we didn't get the chance last time
Definitely needs to be on the 'to do' list for next time. Mind you, the rate we're going with all the different things planned, you're going to have to stay for a month!

Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
Aaargh how annoying - my connection won't let me see all the pics, but I can see number 1, 3 and 4 Who'd have imagined that Loki would be such a natural She looks great. Glad you all enjoyed it.

As I have said before, if you ever want a practice (for free) you are more than welcome to come up here and use some of our dog training sheep
Thanks K...I would love to take you up on that, now I'm happier with how they are around sheep. Hoki was great at being called off them but Stumpy still takes a bit of convincing to listen as she's having too much fun

Watching her in action Viv says Stumpy shows more Welsh sheepdog than BC - she tends to keep her head up high and when the sheep faced her down and she couldn't get them to move she started barking at them
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2010, 04:38 PM
Fantastic pictures!

Both of mine are scared of sheep so I dont think they'll ever be doing any herding. In fact, Jessie is positively terrified of them and slinks past them, giving them a wide berth!
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2010, 04:49 PM
Originally Posted by Leanne_W View Post
Fantastic pictures!

Both of mine are scared of sheep so I dont think they'll ever be doing any herding. In fact, Jessie is positively terrified of them and slinks past them, giving them a wide berth!
probably for the best if you don't plan on working them - at least you know you don't have to worry. Hoki did get scared at one point when Viv's dog was herding them straight at her and she turned and ran in front of them - wish I'd got a photo of that as it looked like they were herding her But she soon gained her courage and got right back into it.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2010, 06:23 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
Thanks K...I would love to take you up on that, now I'm happier with how they are around sheep. Hoki was great at being called off them but Stumpy still takes a bit of convincing to listen as she's having too much fun
Watching her in action Viv says Stumpy shows more Welsh sheepdog than BC - she tends to keep her head up high and when the sheep faced her down and she couldn't get them to move she started barking at them
Well it would be great to see you up here sometime, and we have a few training sheep, so could just leave you to get on with it
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2010, 06:28 PM
Bless Stumpy, far too busy to pose for photos
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2010, 07:31 PM
Fantastic pics, also love seeing dogs working!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2