Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Skyesmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-05-2011, 06:05 PM
Hope you and the fur kids are okay xx

You definitely need to go back to the Police and if necessary make an unholy nuisance of yourself until they do something about it. Surely this would come under "common assault" ? Might also be worth asking around other dog walkers if they have had any run-ins with this (use the term loosely) person.

Jann xx
Milk maid
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-05-2011, 06:51 PM
Wow what a thing to happen, I dont have any advice to give, I just hope you and the dogs are ok.
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2011, 06:52 PM
Bet the people who have entrusted their dogs with this "person" would be interested to know what they are like.

What annoys me is if you had been fellas he wouldn't have behaved like that and got away with it, bloody coward.
caroldylan
New Member!
Female 

24-05-2011, 07:23 PM
I am a dog walker and my insurance doesnt cover 7 off lead dogs,all dogs must be under control at all times am not sure will read my policy but 2 dogs is about the limit at any one time to be off lead, go back to the police and ask to speak to a different officer or try and track this dog walker down this is an assault
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2011, 07:25 PM
Just read this and am absolutely appalled. What a horrible experience for you and your dogs and I do hope that there is no lasting damage either mentally or physically........that not only applies to your dogs by the way.

As someone else said, I expect that if the owners of the dogs which have been entrusted to his care knew that he is capable of such actions they would very quickly dispense with his services. What a thoroughly nasty piece of work he is.

Go back to the police; inform the dog warden and tell them both where he walks these dogs. Show them the results of his actions.

If you let it lie now, he will have won and may well do it again - if not to you, then someone else.
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2011, 07:48 PM
How horrible! Can't imagine how you felt. I have kicked a couple of dogs that were attacking Cherry but I had no other option as the owner was miles away and I didn't have time to get my alarm out. Doesn't sound at all like the situation you were in.

Someone at work had an incident where someone's Staffy went for her tiny dog. She had a go at the owner and they had a bit of a scrap (other woman started it). Because the Staffy owner rang the police first to report the incident my work colleague got charged with affray.

7 off-lead dogs is way too many for someone to walk who is not their owner. Seems a lot for an owner to walk off-lead too-they would all have to be very well-trained as with that many one could start something and the others join in.
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2011, 07:19 AM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
Just read this and am absolutely appalled. What a horrible experience for you and your dogs and I do hope that there is no lasting damage either mentally or physically........that not only applies to your dogs by the way.

As someone else said, I expect that if the owners of the dogs which have been entrusted to his care knew that he is capable of such actions they would very quickly dispense with his services. What a thoroughly nasty piece of work he is.

Go back to the police; inform the dog warden and tell them both where he walks these dogs. Show them the results of his actions.

If you let it lie now, he will have won and may well do it again - if not to you, then someone else.
Agree entirely, this nutter needs taking to task by the police. If he was prepared to attack two women walking several dogs, what would he do a woman walking her dog alone if he took issue with her? Hope that you are all recovering
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-05-2011, 08:43 AM
Agree with the others you need to speak to the Police again and make sure they do something about this idiot.

Hope you are feeling better today and the dogs are too and good luck with the Police.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2011, 08:48 AM
I have just read this thread and am as appalled as everyone else. I would most definitely take photos of any injuries you and the dogs have, write a report on exactly what happened and get your friend to do the same. Speak to other local dog walkers to find out if this guy has acted in this manner before and, if so, whether it was brought to the attention of the police.

This bloke sounds a bit unhinged to me! I am sure his clients would also be very interested to hear about his actions towards you and your dogs, and I am pretty sure before long he wouldn't have a business!

He sounds a nasty piece of work that needs to be brought to task!

Let us know how you get on.
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2011, 08:51 AM
Do be careful telling people about this outside of the police though. You would have an impact on this man's livelihood (quite rightly too IMO) but if he decided to take action against you for libel and/or slander then it would be up to you to prove your claims true, not him to prove them false. With no video evidence or neutral witnesses you may find yourself in a sticky situation trying to prove that he did what you're claiming.
Page 5 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >