Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
candie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2004, 01:25 PM

Toilet training relapse!!

Candy was perfectly toilet trained until she had her season in august.since then shes been weeing upstairs all the time if i dont catch her, ive had to chuck the carpet out!!she is 10 months on wednesday so shouldn't be doing this!!any ideas?All my other dogs even buds are always fully house trained by 4 months, she was and now this.!!
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2004, 02:49 PM
Mollie did this ! We went back to basics and took her out every 2 hours praising when she went out side etc and she soon "remembered" where she was supposed to go.
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

02-10-2004, 02:54 PM
aww poor things.. hope better soon tho
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-10-2004, 02:57 PM
Originally Posted by candie
Candy was perfectly toilet trained until she had her season in august.since then shes been weeing upstairs all the time if i dont catch her, ive had to chuck the carpet out!!she is 10 months on wednesday so shouldn't be doing this!!any ideas?All my other dogs even buds are always fully house trained by 4 months, she was and now this.!!
Candy I wonder if your girl is displaying an old trait..having been in season she 'scented' to leave her mark behind for males to follow and got into the habit As Wiggy says start again (as per instructions in the post from 'Mandp'
Traci
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2004, 03:37 PM
Since i brought my puppy home, my rottie has started weeing in the house. So im trying to train him over again.

Traci
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2004, 05:51 PM
hi candie, i had same problem with indie when she had cystitis. She was so used to weeing in the house, she forgot where she was meant to go.
Id suggest startin from beginning and showing her where to go.

Also, have u tried a carpet shampooer to get rid of any scent?
We have one here and it worked wonders. Altho indie got cystitis again and now it all smells like wee again, so need to go over it again.
If u dont have one, u can hire one, or there r companies that will come to ur house and shampoo all the floors in yr house for like £40
Traci
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2004, 11:34 AM
Thanks Jenny i think i will try that, i have a steam cleaner but it doesnt get the wee smell away.

Traci
Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2004, 12:21 PM
Hi Candie,

Oh not very good is it poor Candie . Well for a start I would try regulating her water, this may not be the cause but I do know of some dogs that started doing this at a certain age and limiting water intake seemed to help. The particular incident I can remember was a dog who had taken to peeing on the owners bed

Taking her straight out right after meals and after she has had a drink, also first thing in the morning, last thing at night too (if poss during the night also) the more often she gets used to peeing outside the better. Is there a certain time when she is soiling in the house or is it just sporadic?

My Cassy had cystitis before too and was peeing every two seconds but luckily never in house. Make sure she has no medical problems and just be really patient with her, I am sure she will be okay. Usually dogs of a certain age dont tend to like to soil inside because by nature they are quite clean animals so it would suggest to me that there is a problem if she has started doing so again.

Laura