Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
halfpenny
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-07-2009, 10:48 PM

Deli's liver problem.

We took Deli on about a year ago at the age of 12, she was going to be PTs because her owner's son was alergic to her! She had a huge wart on her eye and before we put her through the op to remove it we had her blood tested. They indicated her liver was not functioning as well as it should be. She has been tested for cushings, scanned and had tests to check nothing was linked to the pancreas. The tests all came back negative, implying she had primary liver failure. Since we have had the wart removed from her eye, she had had a lump on her leg removed and recently another wart from her eye. She is on hepatic food, samylin and been on ampicilyn, but her liver is still deteriorating. Her last results showed both her ALT and ALKP readings are now very high.
Deli is 13 now, has anybody any experience of this and possibly how much longer she may have. She is fairly well within herself, but the vets don't really want to commit, which I can understand, but I would like to have an idea of what to expect?
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2009, 06:04 AM
I'm sorry I have no experience of this so can't be of any help. But I wanted you to know I am sending healing thoughts to her and some hugs to you.
I'm so glad she found you to live her days out with.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2009, 06:04 AM
Hugs hun , I know not quite the same thing but our old JRT was diagnosed with Liver cancer at the age of 15 and went on another three years till she was 18.

I'd enjoy everyday with Deli which I am sure you do and best wishes to you xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxshe sounds a grand dog xxx
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2009, 09:33 AM
Unfortunately I have nothing to add except positive vibes.

Good luck x