Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
gordon lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2004, 06:53 PM

Wisdom Teeth

Last month I payed a visit to my least favorite person in the world, my dentist.

Well to cut a long story short, I have no cavities, teeth are in good condition, but.......... My wisdom teeth are in a direct collision course with my back molars. . And I'm very advanced, so they will have to be cut out when I'm about 17.

I am very worried when people are fiddling around my mouth (the result of having 7 stitches put in my torn lip without anasthetic when I was 5 ), and I am getting worried. So have any of you had this done, and does it hurt?

Thanks
Robert
Dogsey Senior

19-07-2004, 07:46 PM
Nevcer had it done my self Kate, but a friend has, she said it was easy peasey, modern dentistry has come along way since the days when they used to rip teeth out with pliars.

I'm going to the dentist on Friday
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-07-2004, 07:55 PM
O dear Kate If your dentist wants to take teeth out he must think it is necessary and it will prevent your other teeth being pushed out of line. Yes I know of people who have had wisdom teeth removed and I understand your mouth will be a bit sore for a couple of days, then that will be it..all over I look after a lot of teenage girls and some of them have a dreadful time when the wisdom teeth are coming through as did my son..terrible pains in the mouth and jaw just like a baby teething At least you won't have that to put up with..so come on brave girl..chin up and get it over with

Ps I have to have 5 capped teeth redone starting in October..8 appointments yuk..I will swap you
Carole
Supervisor

19-07-2004, 07:56 PM
I have had two bottom wisdom teeth taken out because they were impacted and one of the top ones taken out.

I dont think it is any worse than having a normal tooth out and I had the gums cut and stitched.

Anesthetics are brilliant nowadays
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2004, 08:07 PM
sorry to tell you i had all four out in hospital 16yrs ago and it wasn't nice
Kirsty
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-07-2004, 08:18 PM
I had 3 taken out when i was around 14 at the dentist ... hurt like hell, couldn't speak for hours, just dribbled alot
gordon lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2004, 08:29 PM
OMG Kirsty 3!!!!!!!

Minihaha, I know they have to be taken out. Its just I would rather know what the pain will be like, so I can prepare for it. My mum had all of hers out (see!! It runs in the family) and she won't tell me what it was like. Though mind you it was about 25 years ago! I'll be brave. :smt089

Carole, I've never had a tooth taken out (thats if you don't count all the milk teeth I've lost ), so I don't know what it'll be like.

One question though, do they use disolvable stitches nowadays?
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

19-07-2004, 08:32 PM
these days they are pretty good... u wont feel a thing
Carole
Supervisor

19-07-2004, 08:46 PM
I had to have mine taken out at the dentist
LF
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-07-2004, 08:49 PM
Don't worry Kate, they might not even have to stitch at all When I had one out, they packed the space with gauze soaked in something, so there were no stitches to come out and the gauze came out easily and painlessly.

Try not to worry too much about whether there will be pain or not; every one is different, and in any case, if there is a little bit of pain it will be short lived and an over the counter pain killer will soon sort it out

Wait and see, once you have had it done, you'll be on here telling us how easy it was

Best wishes

Lesley
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >