View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2015, 06:24 AM

Good morning daily Dogsey Thread (Tuesday)

Hi everyone,

With bladderwrack isn't when its damp it is going to rain and if it is dry the weather will remain dry. Used to keep some in my younger days.

Well done to Lauryn getting the job but a bit iffy with regard to her training.

Well hope everyone is fit this morning. Have a good day all, God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-09-2015, 06:53 AM
Morning Moyra and all who follow.
Dillon is just rising upstairs after a lie-in, we did both sleep in a bit later than usual today.
I remember bladderwack from going to the beaches with mum and dad and then our young family it does seem to like a rock or two to cling too. Maybe we should all get some.

Well done to Lauryn shame about the training being in a place she has to travel home from late. I wouldn't feel happy about it either if I wasn't there to bring her home. Hope it can be sorted.
Like June I use to walk home in the dark and use the back roads for a short cut home. Only ever had one problem right near home knew the boy he had a mental illness while going through puberty. Didn't know that then so gave him a smack that sent him on his way.
Hoping for phone calls about boiler delivery and fitting today do hope I am not going to have to chase people.
Eileen those forms are a pain in the proverbial remember doing mums with her 20+ years ago. If your mum has a good doctor hopefully it will all go through well as I believe they have to sign and have their say on the reasons for the person claiming. Gill got hers ok so can't see any problems for your mum.
Thank goodness Mabs wasn't dented.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2015, 07:48 AM
Good morning

Well done to Lauryn on getting the job.

Hope your trip to Blackpool is successful and you are ok during your travel Griff.

Very wet here this morning after a wet, windy and thundery night. Also up later due to the weather against the windows during the night. Nothing planned as too wet to think about anything

Have a good day and stay safe.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2015, 08:05 AM
Morning all
Lynn, hope you get your boiler phone call
Thanks sue.... i am dreading the trip, i want to see them but it is going to be so very very hard and tiring but i will feel better when i see them
I think we had some of that seaweed when we were down at weston as diez kept flinging it about Lol
Mandy, fully understand your concerns and it is a sad reflection on society. I do hope you an Tony have a great time at skeggy.... i used to live there! i lived just opposite fantasy island on a little road called coronation row and we used to climb over the back fence to get into butlins for the odd nights entertainment as they used to charge £10 for a pass!!! Lol
we have rain....much like the rest of the u.k i suspect, not going any where i don't think so doesn't matter so much
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2015, 08:26 AM
Hanging on the telephone...... lalalala..............
I'm typing this as I phone for my repeat prescription, don't they take an age?
Dry and sunny here at the mo but very windy .... ooh here we go.........
Right thats that sorted! Has anyone else noticed how receptionists etc all talk in a high pitched patronising voice these days? Both the vet and the doctors do here

Hope you are all well with dry walked doggies
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-09-2015, 09:30 AM
LOL Nippy, I call it the Air Hostess Voice. I gave up with repeat prescriptions, then going to stand in a queue and wait for it to be given to me, then off to the chemist. I get the chemist to do the whole thing now, all I have to do is call into the chemist once a month, tick what I want, and a week later it is there to collect, they will also deliver if I want, but I'm never in when people try to deliver and can pick up when I'm out shopping anyway.
I remember that bit Gordon, my friend and I took the horses a few times in her trailer, but Isis got spooked with the kite flyers that seemed to be out in their droves whenever we went, think its the same place as there were sand dunes, and think the trams turned round there as well.
Dry here, has rained overnight, but everyone nice and dry, so no Midnight Cavorting from anyone.
The bladderwrack swells up when its wet/damp doesn't it, so that means wet weather surely
Hoping all your boiler problems are little ones, Lynn. Just think these days you'd probably be arrested for assault and he would get tea and biscuits
Why not have a lie in if you have nothing to rush about for, one of the joys of not having to get up at the crack of dawn, rush about, sit in traffic for an hour, get to your desk and then have a team meeting where you sit and discuss your shortcomings.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-09-2015, 09:58 AM
What an interesting morning was down the garden putting the recycling out and Beth and Paul pulled up. Stopped to tell them the news so far on the access road as it affects them too.
Dillon was behind our gate very excited to see them. Paul went in shutting the gate to the road and let Poppy and Bun out so I opened the gate so they could all play well poor Dillon does not do in your face dogs and playing any more. he hid behind Beth and me to get away from Bun.
We decided to come in and have coffee and the dogs too. All a bit much for Dillon at one point he was on the sofa with me then Bun was too and I was being smothered under a 60+ kg Bernese. I popped him in the hall in the end where he was much happier.
It has made me realise not only is he getting older middle aged November at 4 but that his joint issues are playing a big part in how he is now. Feeling a little sad about it all. Less than 2 years ago when we moved here he loved a romp and run around the garden with Poppy.

Glad you eventually got the prescription sorted Nippy Jen.
griff I hope the trip all goes well. You will be resting a for a few days after.
Yep your right June. Good job I got to him before my brothers and dad and Gorden. He had a lucky escape getting a whack from me.
Morning Sue.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-09-2015, 10:08 AM
Aw poor Dillon, thats heartbreaking isn't it Lynn.
Still a nice day here, relieved I won't be on the M60 in driving rain with maybe a thunderstorm overhead, when I go for bones
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2015, 10:44 AM
Poor old Dillon although I had to smile at the thought of you buried underneath him
Yes TW thats all I do but the tabs are reviewed 6 monthly and that is what I had to arrange today. The chemist delivers mine because I can't get there, they are smashing people.
Right folks off to find a pub car park now
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-09-2015, 10:47 AM
Poor Nippy, are you going to sit in the car park and eat butties
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »