Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2006, 08:34 PM
Originally Posted by mutthouse View Post
I think Mys is right if there are no other physical symptoms of actual illness then he could well be just "up for it" , castrated or not, i have had males who still knew what to do without having experience before lossing the essential's still knew what to do
No he seems fine in himself - and he is eating like a horse so he doesn't seem ill I'll kill him the little sod - I haven't even explained about the birds and the bees to him yet, I was leaving it till he was at least 6
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2006, 08:49 PM
I agree with Mys too...could be a bitch in season nearby...

Keep an eye out though Foxy, part of me also thinks it's unlikely that would make him miserable...
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2006, 08:53 PM
Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
Well I was wondering that myself Mys....... he is castrated though but I don't suppose that would make any difference would it I have never known him do it before but he was definitely sniffing everywhere tonight and he spent ages sniffing at a house down the road where two St Bernards live (would like to see him tackle them - no pun intended ) He seems to be resting okay now but he is definitely in a leave me alone mood - is this what dogs do when they smell a bitch then?
Not sure if castration makes a difference to the urge or not? Takoda is intact and has never had the 'urge' yet so I guess on the flip side it is possible for castrated dogs to get it

His increased appetite sounds like a factor also.

Do you see the St Bernards owner?...Maybe you could ask if one of them is in season?...I agree that would be a funny sight

I wonder what he is like on a walk away from home where the possible bitch in season wouldn't be?

I think sulkyness is a possible factor when he realises he wont be getting close.

Whatever it is I hope he is ok.
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2006, 08:57 PM
Hopefully this is the reason for his behavious Foxy. It is worrying for you and you have enough on your plate already. Hopefully he returns to his cuddly little self soon. xx
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

25-09-2006, 09:02 PM
I think too that it may be a bitch in season. Shame on you Foxy for not telling him about the birds 'n the bees. Hope it is nothing other than this and he is soon back to his lovely Teddy Bear self.
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2006, 09:11 PM
Thanks everyone - he seems fine now so maybe thats what it was. I will keep an eye on him though and take him to the vets tomorrow after my doctors appointment if he is still behaving weird.

Mys I think the 2 Saint Bernards are both males so I don't think it would be them he was after - well I hope not anyway I can't think of any bitches round here that haven't been spayed
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2006, 09:13 PM
Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
Mys I think the 2 Saint Bernards are both males so I don't think it would be them he was after - well I hope not anyway
oh
BrandieSnap
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2006, 12:02 AM
Oh no poor Benji Hopefully it's just him being a boy and nothing more serious.

Bailey used to act the same when he had a tummy ache

I hope Benji is better now anyway
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-09-2006, 06:23 AM
Hows the lil Teddybear today..... ok me hopes
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-09-2006, 06:35 AM
Hoping Benji is feeling better this morning could be the bitch in heat thing,but must say Max was castrated and never displayed any signs of being interested of bitches in heat.But suppose all dogs are different.
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >