Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2008, 10:50 AM

There's Hope! (Eddy and senility)

Eddy's been forgetting all he's learned recently

I really need to get him back on Aktivait as he's started staring at the air (which is really freaky when he's looking at 'something' behind you and you're alone!) and barking at the wheelie bin.

Well he seemed to be taking a step back with other dogs too - getting grumpy again and I've had to start walking them separately when I can so that it doesn't rub off on Takara too much as she's already got very nervous so I need a chance to work on her separately.

Well today we took a walk through the woods when I thought everyone would've gone to work and it wouldn't be too busy. We saw quite a few dogs! Takara was off doing her own thing (and even said hi nicely to an akita!) because although she's fearful she doesn't have a go, she just shows her teeth and runs if she feels threatened. She might be a total psycho but she does speak canine very well!

As we walked past one particular dog, before I had chance to distract and praise Eddy, he saw the dog and looked at me!! He finally linked it!! I was so chuffed he got shedloads of praise and a jackpot of chicken

He'd stopped doing this and although he's always on the lead I do worry about him starting something he can't get out of so I always end up holding food to his face as other dogs pass! Now he seems to be picking it up again!
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2008, 11:13 AM
Ah how old is he and what's that stuff you had him on ?
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2008, 01:10 PM
He's 13.5 years old now and I have had him on Aktivait before - recently been unemployed and not earning so simply couldn't afford to keep him on it but I'm getting some for him very soon!! Woohoo!

He had great results with the Aktivait before so am hoping it does just as well this time.
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2008, 01:12 PM
elaineb - aktivait: http://www.petmeds.co.uk/nsearch.aspx?keywords=aktivait

There may be a cheaper site but that's just a quick search for it.

It's not prescription meds or anything so can just buy it.