View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2008, 08:39 AM

Anyone in Scotland able to give American Bulldog a forever Home - ***VERY URGENT***

Local kennels needing experienced new owner urgently.

SONNY THE seven-stone American bulldog faces an uncertain future after waiting two months in vain for a new home.

The hulking three-year-old arrived at Langdyke Boarding Kennels after his previous owner moved into a council flat where no pets were allowed. An appeal was issued for a new owner but despite lots of interest—and Sonny slimming down by a stone—the right person is yet to come along and time is running out.
Fife Council dog control officer Evelyn Ramsay said if a new home wasn’t found for him soon the difficult decision to put him down might have to be taken.

His search for a home sparked national media attention when he first arrived at Langdyke. But Evelyn said it would take an experienced dog owner to able to look after him properly.

She said, “Sonny is a large, strong dog who could only go to someone who has experience of a large breed and would be responsible enough to manage this seven stone lump who just wants to sit on your lap!

“This breed needs a firm but fair owner prepared to attend training classes and insist on obedience from this bright lad.

“But he is a young, affectionate dog and there has to be someone out there just waiting to take him home.”

Evelyn and her team are also looking out for a stray tan greyhound bitch at large in the Cupar area for two months. She has been sighted as far afield as Gateside, Ceres and Dairsie.

Anyone who thinks they can give Sonny a home or who has seen the greyhound can Email evelyn. ramsay@fife.gov.uk or call 08451 555555 ext 450870.

If anyone can help or knows anyone who can please pass on details
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2008, 10:16 AM
I'm not in Scotland.......but my fingers toes and everything is crossed for someone to come and give him a wonderful home.........COME ON ALL YOU IN SCOTLAND Best of luck to him xxxx
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2008, 10:26 AM
I hope he finds his forever home soon, he is gorgeous
Teal'c
Dogsey Junior
Female 

31-03-2008, 11:12 AM
awwww bless if only i had the space
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

31-03-2008, 11:20 AM
He is a lovely boy, but with four here aalready and a cat, I just don't have the space.

Hope he finds a forever home soon.
horses01466
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-03-2008, 12:23 PM
oh, please, I hope they dont put him down..................
i will take him, if thats the case!!!!!!!!!
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2008, 01:24 PM
I know it ....would be awful for him to be PTS

It was in our local paper and I thought I'd post here in the hope that someone maight be able to take him.

I'd love to but have neither the experience nor the room.

But anyone who does should phone asap
horses01466
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-03-2008, 02:06 PM
When they sy time is running out i wonder how long they will keep him for......thats so awful
.ok, i am going to ask around.........whats the phone number, do you knnow
puremagic*
Dogsey Junior
Female 

31-03-2008, 02:50 PM
I would have loved to take him, BUT I have an 11 year old Rottweiler and I don't think it fair on him to have to live with another large younger dog, who may be dominant towards him.
Hope he finds a forever home soon and like Sonya will see what I can do amongst the people I know in the dog world.
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2008, 04:38 PM
I havn't checked if he has found anyone yet as it was just in our local paper and i hoped the dogsey magic could help save the big lad

BUT If anyone is genuinely interested

"Anyone who thinks they can give Sonny a home can Email evelyn.ramsay@fife.gov.uk or call 08451 555555 ext 450870."

Fingers crossed eh
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >