Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-07-2005, 06:56 PM
Originally Posted by maplecottage
Hi Mini - many thanks for the info..can I ask whether you used the oil on your pups or did you wait until they were a bit older?
And do you crush the garlic on their food or give it to them whole?
Thank you!
...have never used Teetree on pups but it is used on babies (google T tree/babies) so I can't think it could harm puppies
Garlic given whole (half a clove for a small dog)...remember though give in moderation ..it is a member of the onion family and onions should not be given to dogs.
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2005, 07:17 PM
Sorry mini - one more question I promise - in moderation, would you say once a week with half a clove of garlic?

Thanks
Dot
New Member!
Female 

24-07-2005, 07:29 PM
Hi there,

Not sure where the poisonous bit came from but Tea Tree is a 100% plant anticeptic, ( often called natures own anticeptic), aboriginals have been using it since time began, I have been using it for years on dogs, (puppies), horses, cats Oh and my daughter . I use it for cuts, grazes, nits, (daugter stinks like the devil but never had nits ) fleas etc, good for spots too.I used it for healing on the stitches when my bitch was speyed, i only ever use 100% pure, and then dilute it if needed myself but generally use it neat. Because of the smell is does tend to stop dogs licking stitches & wounds etc.

maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2005, 07:47 PM
Thanks for the info Dot, really good information
Meg
Supervisor

24-07-2005, 09:45 PM
Originally Posted by maplecottage
Sorry mini - one more question I promise - in moderation, would you say once a week with half a clove of garlic?

Thanks
ask away MC no problem...I give garlic about three times a week, you can buy garlic capsules if you prefer, I think pet planet do them and so do the health food shops but as with most things I prefer the real thing and have also grown garlic in my herb garden.
deefin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2005, 09:46 PM
i use t tree on myself and my dogs its brilliant stuff
Meg
Supervisor

24-07-2005, 09:51 PM
Originally Posted by Dot
Hi there,

Not sure where the poisonous bit came from but Tea Tree is a 100% plant anticeptic, ( often called natures own anticeptic), aboriginals have been using it since time began, I have been using it for years on dogs, (puppies), horses, cats Oh and my daughter . I use it for cuts, grazes, nits, (daugter stinks like the devil but never had nits ) fleas etc, good for spots too.I used it for healing on the stitches when my bitch was speyed, i only ever use 100% pure, and then dilute it if needed myself but generally use it neat. Because of the smell is does tend to stop dogs licking stitches & wounds etc.

...thats right Dot it is now used in some schools for nits instead of the dreadful chemical stuff from the chemists, on the odd occasion the girls at my school get nits we add Tee tree to hair conditioner,apply it to the hair and comb with a fine toothed comb. I love the smell of Tee tree and don't find it at all unpleasant
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2005, 09:55 PM
Oh dear. Is a few shakes of garlic powder daily too much?
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2005, 10:04 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha
ask away MC no problem...I give garlic about three times a week, you can buy garlic capsules if you prefer, I think pet planet do them and so do the health food shops but as with most things I prefer the real thing and have also grown garlic in my herb garden.
Thanks Mini - I think I'll give half a clove 3 times weekly then - we use organic garlic so hopefully it'll suit his requirements

Thank you!
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2005, 10:37 PM
Hi Maplecottage, I got some tea tree oil lotion from the petshop that is very good ( it has a really strong smell though ) and it doesn't say that it can't be used on puppies. Its says it is used for summer itch and a natural repellant against fleas and also soothing for insect bites. I put some on Benji when he got a rash after that last groomer butchered him and it seemed to clear the rash up quite quickly It was about £5.75 from our local petshop.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >