register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

26-12-2005, 09:32 AM
Thanks S/B can tell you I was anxious last night when he wouldn`t eat but was relieved when he did just before I went to bed. He`s asleep on the bed with oh right now

Thing is he is telling me something, he`s very vocal this 1 you know I just don`t understand his language

No sreiously really wish he could tell me, would sure give us peace of mind wouldn`t it
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

26-12-2005, 09:44 AM
Originally Posted by Thordell
Oh! What at shame Christine, soft tissue injury can take ages to heal. Did the vet give a pain or anti-inflammatory injection? If so it could be that is has now worn off. Why do they always need attention at weekends or holidays? Hope all is soon well with Timmy and you can relax.
Sods law isn`t it J

Yes he`s on half a *tolfedine* a day =10mg. It`s anti-inflamatory+pain killer, for 6 dys, got 2 days left to go, vet said take him back then if no better.

Yes you`re probably right, soft tissue taking ages to heal forgot about that & its his shoulder area so thats being used for every movent he makes. I know there is a little improvement cos when he first did it he couldn`t move his claws in/out but a day or 2 later he could. Will have to be patient, just it was the first time he refused food, even when he first injured it he ate his dinner And hes not bothered being confined to the house, less now than before

ps he had injection the day he went to vets & tab started following day.
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-12-2005, 09:55 AM
Could be the tabs are not enough to keep the pain at bay, this will be deliberate because if you remove too much pain the daft things start rushing about and the tissue never heals or the continuing damage causes scaring.

He may be off his food through a combination of lack of exercise and discomfort, is he using his tray as you would expect? As you know the digestive system can slow down if activity is less than normal.
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

26-12-2005, 10:17 AM
Could be the tabs are not enough to keep the pain at bay, this will be deliberate because if you remove too much pain the daft things start rushing about and the tissue never heals or the continuing damage causes scaring.

Yep you`re right again J, if he wasn`t in pain he`d be out climbing trees & chasing anything that moves, gonna have to treat him as I would the dogs. Its first time any of my cats had an injury like this I`d say hes in a fair amount of pain(but only when he moves it) cos yesterday & today he doesn`t want to move at all & spent it asleep on bed,

He may be off his food through a combination of lack of exercise and discomfort, is he using his tray as you would expect? As you know the digestive system can slow down if activity is less than normal.
Yes he`s using his tray now & normal too, tho most of the time he never uses it cos they have free access to outside but I always have the tray for when they don`t like to go out in rain. Hes still grooming himself well, no sign of 3rd eyelid, eyes bright n clear, watches everything when he`s awake, just the total lack of movement. And he`s not hungry cos he`s not doing anything probably.

Guess time & rest will heal it so maybe I`ll wait till tabs finish before taking him back to vet. Thanks J, sometimes I don`t know what happens to my mind when it comes to my own animals, seems to go blank
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-12-2005, 10:26 AM
sometimes I don`t know what happens to my mind when it comes to my own animals, seems to go blank
Join the club, you should have seen the panic I got into last Monday could not wait to get to the vets, they calmed me down and told me it is best to make sure if you are worried but there was nothing that could not be said to be within the norm well how was I to know - as a rule my animals don't do norm.
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-12-2005, 11:08 AM
Awww poor ickle Timmy

I hope the meds will kick in soon...
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

26-12-2005, 11:31 AM
Join the club, you should have seen the panic I got into last Monday could not wait to get to the vets, they calmed me down and told me it is best to make sure if you are worried but there was nothing that could not be said to be within the norm well how was I to know - as a rule my animals don't do norm.
I know its embarrassing J isn`t it!! My lot do everything but the norm as well
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

26-12-2005, 11:33 AM
Originally Posted by bellaluna
Awww poor ickle Timmy

I hope the meds will kick in soon...

Thanks B/L, just had a look in on him in the b/room & he popped his head up then layed it down again, guess I`ll have to put the *do not disturb* sign on the door
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-12-2005, 11:46 AM
Well C. you know what they say 'sleep knits up the ravelled sleeve of care' and I always believe the same can be said of injury and pain.
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

26-12-2005, 12:03 PM
Well C. you know what they say 'sleep knits up the ravelled sleeve of care' and I always believe the same can be said of injury and pain.
No not heard that 1 before J but it is true, sleep lets the body get on with doing its job

Animals are so clever, they`ve taught me an awful lot that applies to humans too
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >