Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2012, 09:11 PM

Good news regarding my M.I.L

last year we had to take over soring out my m.i.l. she had memory probs. had got in a right old mess, bills ect, so after changing her doctor, got a private carer in. got her sorted out. she then took herself to bed, and kept falling out of it. so after a trip to the hospital once breaking her foot. and as she was living qute a way from us. was costing a fortune in fuel. or me catching 3 buses there 3 back. well filled in all the forms for our council. (we are also council) she had been accepted on their list. at 1 time she was throwing the letters away, so now have them delivered here. they do this bidding thing. where u bid blind on a property, but had the good news we have been succesfull and we have *won* a bungalow. so just a case of wait for the letter. pick up keys. and get her all sorted. just means it will be easier to get to see her. more space for her. will have to look around for another carer/helper. and not through social services. ill do what i can. obiously. but im hoping she will start doing stuff for herself again.
but im happy
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2012, 09:33 PM
Very well done, and I mean that very sincerely.

When we moved here I needed my son to move over too as he is handicapped and needs fairly regular help from us although he lives independently.

The council were absolutely no help at all (telling us that it could be 20 years or more before he'd get council accommodation) and we had to bite the bullet and use savings to buy him a flat which was a major commitment as the money was part of our retirement plan.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2012, 12:29 AM
great news bens mum.
Helen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2012, 05:41 AM
That's brilliant news

Helen
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2012, 12:37 PM
just had a guy from the council ring up, meeting him at the bungalow at 12 to sort out the paperwork. also so she can have a good look around. the guy said its all been sorted out n cleaned up inside, u have to bid blind now. stupid way of doing stuff. but all good here now. just hope she dont dig her heels in and say shes not going. i would tell her to get on with it and walk away. can only do so much cant u.and we did all this with any help from social services (they really are rubbish here)
Brierley thats terrible what the council said. in our town for ppl with special needs theres always family mosiac. they are all over i think.
thanks for the best wishes.
Dobermonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-07-2012, 01:17 PM
Thats fabulous!!

Well done bens parents
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2012, 09:54 PM
meeting the man from the council at 12. so picking ann up, she was convinced he was coming to her old place at 12. opps gonna be a long day i think. then we got the oh my tummy has been bad , so i just said well it better be good for 2morrow. we should of gone away today till thursday, my birthday midweek. but now this is happening. all cancelled but cant be helped,can it. just hope she dont throw a wobbly at the last minute,as i will be pretty peeved!!! (she is a bit of a drama queen sometimes)
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2012, 09:01 PM
well she likes the bungalow all the papers are signed, now comes the hard part. getting her moved in!!!!
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2012, 10:27 PM
well shes in her new place. all furniture in situ. got the new curtains to put up, (tomorrow airing cupboard to sort out. about 99% done. no idea on how she feels about it. she tells me 1 thing. charlie another. and her carer something different. she even told her old neighbour we was putting her in a home!!
had 3 days to get her place packed n moved in. more stressfull than when we have moved. and we are experts in house moving lol. think 13 times in 15 years is quite something! well just had a late dinner. i cant go to bed yet. got that gastric reflux,so have to wait for my food to go down. or sleep sitting up.
just hope she dont fall or what ever. no phone till tuesday. and no use leaving her a mobile she has trouble with a remote lol
jeeze im so tired, and i hurt all over now.
Mazza
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-07-2012, 10:35 PM
Glad all worked out well in the end . I hope she settles and loves being in her new bungalow, it will make life far easier for you.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >