Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
aliwin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-07-2010, 09:28 PM
Originally Posted by chaz View Post
She gorgoeous, her markings remind me of a saddleback pig (although that isn't a insult, I love saddlebacks ) are Skinnys rare? As if they are maybe Harmony and Lunar could start their own rare lil pets club Is it normal for GP's to go to their new homes at seven weeks though? I know so little about GP's as I find them too noisy

With the comments on her hair though what about Sypnx cats, Chinese cresteds or Mexican Hairless? What about cats that are bred where their ears are folded (Scottish and American curl), animals that are born without a tail like in cats the Japese Bobtail (Manx as far as I know is natural and found on the isle of man, but they are now being bred by man too) cats and dogs with little legs, the Munchkin cat I feel is bad, with the body being full sized but little legs, I've heard that these cats can not even jump onto a kitchen side because of their legs , then their is flat faces, with a few breeds of dog like this, and as far as I know with cats the exotic and the persian. What about dogs with small hips and big heads. There is something in so many animals that people can pick on, with some of those I mentioned I don't like, but Ali is showing her new baby, I'm sure that in the dogs pictures you have to start a new thread if you are going to critiscise something about the pics, why isn't the same respect shown for other pets and in this case?
Thank you Chaz, I find it really upsetting how rude some people are about subjects they know nothing on. They are quite popular but do get the same reaction from some on here. Guinea pigs are born fully furred and ready to run as such not like bunnies. They are independant and weaned from 4 weeks old and usually go to new homes at around 6 weeks. I love their noise as soon as you rustle a bag they are off in case it's some grub for them. You are right Chaz there are so many breeds that are engineered for whatever reason it's a personal choice. She is bred from great lines and is a happy healthy little pig not known for health problems unlike some other breeds.

Sad thing is you can agree to disagree happily with some and even perhaps educate one or two but there are some who just want an argument and are too set in their ways to even accept that their own opinion isn't always the right one
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2010, 09:34 PM
Originally Posted by aliwin View Post
Thank you Chaz, I find it really upsetting how rude some people are about subjects they know nothing on. They are quite popular but do get the same reaction from some on here. Guinea pigs are born fully furred and ready to run as such not like bunnies. They are independant and weaned from 4 weeks old and usually go to new homes at around 6 weeks. I love their noise as soon as you rustle a bag they are off in case it's some grub for them. You are right Chaz there are so many breeds that are engineered for whatever reason it's a personal choice. She is bred from great lines and is a happy healthy little pig not known for health problems unlike some other breeds.

Sad thing is you can agree to disagree happily with some and even perhaps educate one or two but there are some who just want an argument and are too set in their ways to even accept that their own opinion isn't always the right one
Just make sure you never get a Hairless Hamster or rat, or anything lol, after you said that about GP's though I should of remebered don't think my college tutor would be very impressed, they bred a few GP's there, and after you said that it reminded me about GP's with how not only are they born (what we called) suited and booted, but they also have to be bred before a year old, I'm sure if my college tutor saw me asking that I would get a slap round the head lol .
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2010, 09:37 PM
The saddest thing is, my last three guinea pigs were thrown out to fend for themselves, young boys and fully haired, my Soda so nearly didn't make it, he nearly died the lady who runs the rescue, fought tooth and nail to get him through it. He is still so traumatised by that experience and only now learning that humans can be kind... so no I don't think they can survive in the wild, my poor boys couldn't have...
aliwin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-07-2010, 09:37 PM
Lol Chaz, I know you are the bunny queen. You would be forgiven I'm sure
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

17-07-2010, 09:39 PM
Please note Posting Guidelines Point 3. Peoples threads sharing pictures are not for debates or adverse comments.

All such posts will be deleted shortly - please do not respond to them.
aliwin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-07-2010, 10:07 PM
Originally Posted by border pop View Post
I used to breed dutch guineas and even with fur, they wouldn't survive for very long in the wild as are domesticated. Guinea pigs are used for vivisection, sad but true. Any variety make great pets so i don't see a problem with keeping a hairless variety. Have fun with your piggy
Thank you.

Dawn I think what you have said there is rude and offensive, Lunar is a loved pet, brought from good breeders, and now in a great home, how would you like it if I called one of your pets a pathetic creature? All the domestic animals that we have today were created, or actually you could say "engineered" for human satisfaction, espcially dogs, all were bred for different reasons, to make lives easier or more enriched depending on whether the breed was originally breed for working or companion, and man 'experimented' with what they bred to get the best in what they had too.
Thanks for your support Chaz.

Originally Posted by settagirl View Post
The saddest thing is, my last three guinea pigs were thrown out to fend for themselves, young boys and fully haired, my Soda so nearly didn't make it, he nearly died the lady who runs the rescue, fought tooth and nail to get him through it. He is still so traumatised by that experience and only now learning that humans can be kind... so no I don't think they can survive in the wild, my poor boys couldn't have...
Well anyone with any intellegence would know that domestic pigs wouldn't survive. But it's nothing to do with the guinea pigs its all about having a go at people who don't share their opinion. Thats why its the same people thread after thread I am so glad that those poor boys were saved
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2010, 10:32 PM
Just thought I'd do a comparrison,

you have your very own mini saddleback there, with some extra hair too
lisa01uk87
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2010, 10:59 PM
she is lovely, although i must admit i had never heard of hairless guineas, but then id never heard of hairless rats till a few months ago, now i have one named after me lol
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2010, 11:03 PM
I didn't know about Skinny Pigs until you said about them Ali. I think she's adorable and a lucky girl to have found her home with you. She's all chunky and cuddly and she looks the picture of health to me!
aliwin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-07-2010, 07:10 AM
Just thought I'd do a comparrison,

you have your very own mini saddleback there, with some extra hair too

Originally Posted by lisa01uk87 View Post
she is lovely, although i must admit i had never heard of hairless guineas, but then id never heard of hairless rats till a few months ago, now i have one named after me lol
Thanks

Originally Posted by lilypup View Post
I didn't know about Skinny Pigs until you said about them Ali. I think she's adorable and a lucky girl to have found her home with you. She's all chunky and cuddly and she looks the picture of health to me!
Thank you xx
Page 5 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >