Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2012, 05:19 PM
Originally Posted by Darcy Boy View Post
Thanks for that, I enjoyed it as much as he enjoyed himself

Just wondered what his recall is like when you are out?
I can tell you it's fine, both Gemma's Whippets are
SneaksyWhippet
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-05-2012, 06:04 PM
Haha! Thanks Aimee, however I feel I must amend that claim slightly...

It is good providing he's not found something interesting to chase/eat/roll in/explore/sniff/meet etc. He has the whippet disease of selective deafness when he chooses! Billy has a much more solid recall (perhaps because he's more insecure and worried he'll lose me) but they can both be a bit "in my own time thanks" about it when the mood takes them. As for calling them off when instinct had kicked in and they're chasing a rabbit/squirrel etc...no chance until they lose sight of it!
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2012, 06:09 PM
Originally Posted by SneaksyWhippet View Post

It is good providing he's not found something interesting to chase/eat/roll in/explore/sniff/meet etc. He has the whippet disease of selective deafness when he chooses! Billy has a much more solid recall (perhaps because he's more insecure and worried he'll lose me) but they can both be a bit "in my own time thanks" about it when the mood takes them. As for calling them off when instinct had kicked in and they're chasing a rabbit/squirrel etc...no chance until they lose sight of it!
Hey - I never see any sighthound other than Lurchers (and Axel) offlead who recall at all.. so I say they recall!
Darcy Boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2012, 06:34 PM
Originally Posted by SneaksyWhippet View Post

What a relief!!! In other words typical Whippets.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2