Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
littlewolf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-02-2010, 04:06 PM
Originally Posted by jesterjenn View Post
She doesn't have any doggy manners towards other dogs at the moment, it is most surprising when we meet a dog that she knows, gets on with and has walked with MANY times, and she goes to pin her down. I know these two dogs get on, so something has clicked in her which isn't good.
Vito used to play with a big german shepherd all the time, they got on great, then one day we met him and for no particular reason (that we could think of) he started to pin Vito down and be aggressive towards him.

We thought it would just be a one off, but everytime we see this dog he does it now.

So maybe it is a german shepherd thing?
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2010, 04:49 PM
Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
Yup it deff seems that some breeds 'get' each other more than others, my lot love spanials cos they are so good to chase

I guess with GSD's and collies there is a huge problem with their brains too, say a GSD goes for a collie, the collie will rem that and then be more likely to go for a GSD, then the GSD has problems with collies, from what I have seen both breeds seem to have long memorieds for that kind of thing

Jester, I think you pretty much know what to do and have been doing some great work
The only bit I wanted to pick up on was the training classes
If you cant get focus in a class then its going to be difficult outside
I would consider going back to the class, I found it a great help just to sit in the back of the class and reward Mia every time she looked back at me, then ask for simple tricks
after a few weeks we started participating in the class but keeping out of the way
Then gradulay we were able to work up to being right in the middle of the class
Thank you

I will have a think about this. Problem is she is really noisy, and the looks and tuts you get off people really get me down, then I start to get arsey, then Jess picks up on it so reacts to that. A lot of classes round here don't seem to be indoors either, so it is harder, but I suppose at the same time it is easier too.

Well done with your work with Mia btw

Originally Posted by littlewolf View Post
Vito used to play with a big german shepherd all the time, they got on great, then one day we met him and for no particular reason (that we could think of) he started to pin Vito down and be aggressive towards him.

We thought it would just be a one off, but everytime we see this dog he does it now.

So maybe it is a german shepherd thing?
It could quite possibly be that. It is just so disheartening to see her like this as we had come sooo far with her.

Tracking line I think it will have to be for the near future at the very least.

Thanks all Much appreciated.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3