Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2021, 07:52 AM

Daily Thread, Monday, 1st February,2021

Good morning everyone, getting nearer to Spring which cannot come soon enough. I trust you and your four legged friends are all ok. Have a good day, take care and above all stay safe and well. God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-02-2021, 09:52 AM
Morning Moyra and all to follow.

Yes Moyra getting nearer to spring and hopefully better times ahead as we move through to Summer. I keep telling myself things can only get better, not sure they can get worse.
Got to try to stay positive.

Wet still here not raining but ground is saturated still , we need some dry days to sort that.
Today Gorden is going to work (in the cabin), I have housework, washing and Iceland delivery and Amazon deliveries so going to be a busy day.
I have kicked Ocado into touch at the moment due to their website playing up continuously , I get the bit about overwhelmed with new customers having on line deliveries but when you cannot edit your order, checkout when you can eventually get a delivery slot it's more annoying than having to go out to shop. Plus I was paying 9.99 a month for their smart pass.
So good old Iceland to the rescue other things I can get through Amazon or groupon.

Stay safe eberyone and hope those who have had the jab are feeling better.
Hows the head griff ?
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2021, 09:54 AM
Morning Moyra, Lynn and all to come. Yep hopefully more of us will be around when spring comes if we have all had the vaccination. I now do believe it is vital that everyone that can have it has it. Have a good day all.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2021, 10:44 AM
The headache is much better than it was....my arm is very very sore and I have another weird side effect that I also got after the flu jab but feeling a million times better than yesterday
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-02-2021, 10:56 AM
Must admit brenda in the beginning I was a little sceptical about the vaccination, as time has gone on I am like you convinced if you are medically fit to have it then you should.
That's how over many years we have eradicated smallpox etc.,

So when Gorden and I are offered ours we will be going. We need to get back to normal now even though it will still take time after mass vaccination and I have read that we may need it every 6 months as it is still a bit of trial and error. I suppose it makes sense it needs to get into the wider population
for scientists to see how it reacts and works.

griff glad you are beginning to feel better.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2021, 11:09 AM
Good morning all.

Got a weeks holiday, should of been in Madeira however c'est la vie.

Been to Asda this morning, hardly anyone there . Home now and have made myself a promise top eat a variation of veg. LOL I like all veg however cooking for one sort of looses it appeal at times but going to make a concerted effort to cook and sit down to dinner or lunch.

Totally agree with everyone's above comments offer me the jab and I going. I like my own company but so miss just popping into see friends family or even meal out etc another year without contact I think will finish a lot of people.

Oh meant to say am recording an old favourite programme of mine on forces tv 181 on sky - Sapphire and Steel fantastic
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2021, 11:29 AM
Kazz, search Madeira on Google earth and have a tour on your tv with the central heating turned up full and a glass of something nice in your hand and see if you can find an easy to make dish from Madeira for dinner lol.
My brother is struggling being at home on his own, despite our problems, I try to send him a jokey WhatsApp once a day.
Even my dad who is scared of needles is chomping at the bit to get a jab... which did surprise me, mind...he did have his flu jab this year too, obviously it's everyone's individual choice but the more who get it done, hopefully the quicker we can try to get back to some sort of normality
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2021, 12:48 PM
Good afternoon everyone

Like Gorden Ben is at work or university everyday (in the back bedroom).

I feel sorry for people on their own Kelly as like your brother my eldest is now finding it hard not being able to go out and mix. He does take part in online activities that his work colleagues put on and talk to some of his friends but it is so much different that being actually with them

Dull and damp here too so another not do much day. I do have daffodils out in part of the garden but am champing at the bit to get out there and really have a good clear and try and do something with the lawn. As said soon be Spring. Vaccinaton this evening

Hope all are well stay safe
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2021, 12:50 PM
Good afternoon all

I'm not a happy bunny today. Early last week I emailed our MP about assisted housing like the block where Gary lives not being included in the vaccinations.

Yesterday, they apparently turned up and vaccinated all the residents. Fantastic, except Gary was left out because the weekend staff didn't want to let themselves into his flat. He's lived there 7 months now and we've been pushing for a flashing doorbell to be installed, but it hasn't been done and this is just one result. I'm fuming about it.

Still, what's done is done.

Lovely day here. Sunshine, blue skies and a lot milder than of late. Really enjoyed our walk
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2021, 02:04 PM
I to missing not seeing friends to talk to in person. Good job I have good email friends. Soon maybe. My fav prog is on next week Celebs on the Farm. Good fun.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >