View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2016, 11:05 AM
Just looked back through your threads and found this. It looks an absolutely amazing place to live (although it seems a shame to have neighbours). How many people stay at Butedale?
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-10-2016, 11:01 AM
Originally Posted by TJCeeJay View Post
Howdy all! It's been a while since my last post, (about me and my bud, Buddy going camping), and well, I've got a great excuse!

About 3 weeks ago I finally made it back to Butedale; my "Ghost Town' on the coast of British Columbia. Here's a shot of Butedale from the Inside Passage.

The short story is that I dreamed of living there for years, moved and lived there for a year from Summer to Summer 2010 to 2011. Then, I had a tooth go bad, cost me too much money when I had to go to a city to get it fixed, and so I had to leave Butedale and return temporarily to "civilization" in order to make more money and then come back to Butedale when able.

Well, I got the call to come back about 2 months ago; so I spent a month, and $3300 buying non-perishable groceries, and another $2500.00 on Stuff. Lots of stuff. Chainsaws, and associated gear and fuel / oil. Tools, Tapes and Glues and Putty's and Cements, etc... And then meds, first aid, candles - lots of candles, SPOT Emergency Locator, outboard motor - (1977 British Seagull 40 Plus Mk II only ever run in a test tank for about an hour last year. It's just like new!) Anyways, lots of stuff. It took nearly every shopping hour in that month to get it all too.

Anyhoo, me and Bud got to Heaven about three weeks back, and once I was done hauling that food and stuff (about a ton and a quarter's worth) up the 100 foot high hill to my cabin, (only got the last up here last week), it was time to relax.

Me and Bud relaxing on the porch, taking in the scenery.

Bud was quite happy to become Master of All He Surveys!

Mine! All mine!

The local is friendly. (Tiger, the "Town Cat")

Maybe too friendly?

Anyways, Bud and I are having a blast in our very own private oceanfront town (with the 2227 square kilometer completely uninhabited island it's on as our little back-yard), and we just thought we'd share our happiness.

Cheers!

P.S. If anyone was wondering; satellite internet.

Cheers!
I like how the dog and cat seem to get along.....
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2016, 01:00 PM
I need to know if Bud has become the monster sized dog you thought he would and if he you adopted Sage and if the three of you get on as well as you thought you all would.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3