View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2008, 07:10 PM
Oh that sounds lovely - I usually do my carrots slow roasted with honey and cumin sprinkled. But, that sounds like a delicious change
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2008, 07:22 PM
Turkey, Christmas is a time for traditions, so it's turkey SPROUTS, julienned carrots (thinly sliced lengthways), parsnips stuffing, piggies in their blankets etc etc and Christmas pud and real Devonshire clotted cream.

For those of you who don't like sprouts, do you steam them? Al dente of course! bl***y wonderful
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2008, 07:26 PM
Originally Posted by Skooshbag View Post
Sprouts are an instrument of the Devil.

I like me carrots though. Slice a few carrots thinly lenghtways, reg some sugar and red wine, put the sugar and wine in a pan and stir together over a med heat for 5 mins, or until the sugar has dissolved. add the carrots and leave for about 7-10 mins. lovely
Oh yes, that's a big MUST, never cut them in those silly circles that you used to get at school, that's sooooooooo minging!!!!! In fact, I could never, ever eat a bit of carrot that's been sliced in a circle, that's a big no-no!

Leave my humble sprouts alone!!!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2008, 07:27 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Turkey, Christmas is a time for traditions, so it's turkey SPROUTS, julienned carrots (thinly sliced lengthways), parsnips stuffing, piggies in their blankets etc etc and Christmas pud and real Devonshire clotted cream.

For those of you who don't like sprouts, do you steam them? Al dente of course! bl***y wonderful
Oh I'm definitely coming to yours Jen, before I go on to Becky's so that I get my sprouts!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2008, 07:36 PM
Hubby says you can have his and do you like broccolli cos you can have that as well
Hey hold on a minute I am going to dip out here
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2008, 09:21 PM
Originally Posted by Anne-Marie View Post
How do you lot do your roast potatoes? Anyone use goose-fat and if so is it any good?
Um, I always use goose fat for roasties, mmmmm

I found I do need quite a bit if I am cooking for more than the two of us, but 2 small jars usually does the two of us.

It needs to be absolutely smoking hot, so that your potatoes sizzle when you put them in (boiled and shaken with a bit of seasoned flour before they go in the fat)

Oh dear, I am hungry now....
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2008, 12:50 PM
I just ordered our rib of beef from the butchers. We're picking it up on Tuesday. I said to the butcher could he get me a beef heart for then and he said yes.

Then he says 'What are you going to do with that?????'

I said, my dog loves them I think he thought we were having that on Boxing Day for our tea
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2008, 12:59 PM
My daughter and I are veggie so we will be having a festive strudel which I have made before . Hubbie and dogs and cats will be having turkey and all the trimmings . Dessert will be home made trifle and I have already bought the vegetarian jellies for that
Mum To Many
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-12-2008, 01:03 PM
I'm a veggie too, so only the dogs and cats will be eating meat, my Oh and my Mum will be having lots of lovely veggies, including sprouts which we all love, and no carrots, which I hate, and some quorn fillets, and gravy.We don't usually have a pud but will have Christmas cake to eat later.
Dale's mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-12-2008, 01:04 PM
We're having a turkey breast roll this year with all the usual trimmings. Sprouts are essential. I hate them but Dale and mother-in-law love them to eat and Chip loves to roll them around the floor
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >