View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2010, 01:19 PM
Well why should I have thought that it would all going well?
Cut a long story short, scaffolding needed to acces outside of Bathroom (why this wasn't picked up in previous 2 visits!! )
Anyway, scaffolder has been, lucky he was in area, can deliver on Wednesday, so Brit Gas man working in reverse & fitting Rads & other pipe work now
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2010, 01:24 PM
Sadly, nothing goes smoothly nowadays, and never actually goes to plan, but hopefully, you'll be all set up soon, nice and toasty and warm. It doesn't matter that they're doing it all the other way around, in theory, it should all end up finished at the right time if you're very lucky!

In hindsight, you should have done this in the summer though!!!!!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

29-11-2010, 04:52 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Sadly, nothing goes smoothly nowadays, and never actually goes to plan, but hopefully, you'll be all set up soon, nice and toasty and warm. It doesn't matter that they're doing it all the other way around, in theory, it should all end up finished at the right time if you're very lucky!

In hindsight, you should have done this in the summer though!!!!!
You know what Helena that is exactly what I say to OH constantly and it's true, why because no one takes there job seriously anymore. The guy who did the pre-installation survey (Two of them ) should have spotted that scaffolding was needed, and since he forgot he should be called into the boss's office and given a right good blasting, but the boss's these days daren't do that or the namby pamby civil rights lobby will be up in arms about bullying and the BG employee will be encouraged to take the firm to court ofr telling him off

Oh well that's my 'rant of the day' done with as you say maybe (God willing) dear Sweep will still have her heating on by Wednesday.
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2010, 01:46 PM
Update.....still no heating or hot water
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

03-12-2010, 04:37 PM
Originally Posted by Sweep View Post
Update.....still no heating or hot water
Thanks for the update - Why am I not surprised But believe it or not it could be worse, over here building trades people (Including plumbers) are as rare as hens teeth, they are reluctant to go outside their home town, the quote they give you involves you (the customer) in buying all the materials and to cap it all when they turn up to do the job they'll want to use your ladders and sometimes even your tools

You think I am joking - No it's all true
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2010, 07:50 AM
Well, all we know need is scaffolders to bring scaffolding for access to outside & then there is about 2 hours work indoors to be done too............wont hear anything until Monday now.
The men that were here doing the work were very good & embarresed I think that the Surveyor had really let the 'team' down - it wasn't their fault.

Still not too much longer, I hope
galty
Dogsey Senior
Male 

04-12-2010, 09:59 AM
Originally Posted by Sweep View Post
Well, all we know need is scaffolders to bring scaffolding for access to outside & then there is about 2 hours work indoors to be done too............wont hear anything until Monday now.
The men that were here doing the work were very good & embarresed I think that the Surveyor had really let the 'team' down - it wasn't their fault.

Still not too much longer, I hope
My working life after leaving the Army in 1965 was installing C/H, in that time never ever had to use scafolding on dwelling houses.

If you live in a high rise block there are flue systems that can be fitted from the inside.
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2010, 10:05 AM
Originally Posted by galty View Post
My working life after leaving the Army in 1965 was installing C/H, in that time never ever had to use scafolding on dwelling houses.

If you live in a high rise block there are flue systems that can be fitted from the inside.
I know nothing , so can only be guided by what 'they ' say....eveidently the existing Flue hole is not big enough & they have to have access to outside to seal new hole & also another pipe to be fitted for condensation outlet(?) We have a Conservatory directly under where they need access..........we are in 'their' hands.
galty
Dogsey Senior
Male 

04-12-2010, 10:18 AM
If the boiler is being replaced in the bath room then its easy to fit the condensing pipe to a waste pipe in bathroom.

If the flue is too small(odd)then it can be enlarge from the inside and sealed from the inside.

Think they will try to charge you extra for the scafloding.

Gas Board are rip off merchants.
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2010, 10:27 AM
Originally Posted by galty View Post
If the boiler is being replaced in the bath room then its easy to fit the condensing pipe to a waste pipe in bathroom.

If the flue is too small(odd)then it can be enlarge from the inside and sealed from the inside.

Think they will try to charge you extra for the scafloding.

Gas Board are rip off merchants.
New Condensing Boiler replaced very old Hot water Heater

They can try but I have my quote & believe me we will not pay anymore, this is down to their incompatence & there will be a complaint letter too!
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >