Female 

05-05-2010, 01:56 PM
Lovely H, I like the Lavendar idea.

Can't wait to see the finished summer house
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2010, 03:20 PM
What a lovely summer house can't wait till see it finished.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2010, 03:44 PM
Hmmmmmmmm, well, so much wood so much paint thankfully with having two colours, when I got bored with one, I changed to the other Oh, it's been an ongoing task has this one, and I haven't even started on the inside yet, BUT....... big problem...... now that I've almost finished it........ I don't like the bladdy colour!!!! That's typical of me!!!

I wanted that very pale, sage kind of green, but when I looked at the colour both on the tin and t'internet it was too green for my liking, so I went for the "seagrass" which is a blue/green..... and now I think it looks like a beach hut!!!!!

Anyways, what do you think??? I'm thinking I could go and get a wood "wash" in that sage green and go over it to tone down the blue hue perhaps? I'm also thinking I like the silver birch colour now (which is a silvery grey of course), but I can't bear the thought of painting it all over again after what I've just been through!

The shingles will be going on the roof when I get them and they'll be green. The inside I might do in a wood wash cream colour, and the floor and decking I really don't know yet? I think maybe a pale wood stain/varnish, but then again I did the decking out the back in a rich mahogany which is also very nice, but dark of course. Ideas on the flooring and decking all welcome, and the decking will be extended of course with the sunken doggy pool! Lol!

It's still work in progress, no door furniture, no window frames on the outside yet, and no roof shingles, so it can only get better (when Dave gets another week-end off of course!).
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2010, 03:46 PM
Originally Posted by Benzmum View Post
Lovely H, I like the Lavendar idea.

Can't wait to see the finished summer house
Oh yes Lynne, I sooooo wanted that lavender colour, BUT, my garden is not full of pretty colourful flowers, it's all green, with trees and bamboo's so I thought it would look a bit silly in lilac and that's my only reason for not using it! Mind you, it looks pretty silly in this colour, it should be down the beach methinks!!!!
Azz
Administrator
Male 

05-05-2010, 04:34 PM
That's lovely H! Look forward to seeing the finished product

Also, loving the high hedge - what a nice private garden you have!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-05-2010, 04:36 PM
I like it. What about doing the doors and window frames in a cream ?

When we get our next house with the big garden that is what I am hoping for. Life size dolls house.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2010, 05:01 PM
Thanks Azz, yes, I love my privacy, and that hedge goes all the way up the whole side of the house right round to the back! I've nurtured that over 23 years, and let it grow thick and tall with 2 annual cuts (I don't do that bit though coz I don't do gardening!)

Thanks Lynn, but I've done all the surrounding bits in the cream, and I need the doors and window to stand out don't I? I'm seriously thinking of getting another woodwash in that sage green now and going over all that seagrass colour in that, coz it's beginning to bug me now! Lol!

Yes, a life sized doll's house, and seeing as how I never even had a doll's house as a kid, I've got one all to myself now so I can enjoy my 2nd childhood! God knows what I'm going to put in there, but I grabbed two lovely rattan chairs in Morrisons the other day which are the identical colour of the sides of this, so they'll be going on the decking! I think I'll be putting a couple of dog beds in there and my nice officer recliner chair, oh I can see it all now, glass of vino in one hand, lappy in t'other!!!!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-05-2010, 05:05 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Thanks Azz, yes, I love my privacy, and that hedge goes all the way up the whole side of the house right round to the back! I've nurtured that over 23 years, and let it grow thick and tall with 2 annual cuts (I don't do that bit though coz I don't do gardening!)

Thanks Lynn, but I've done all the surrounding bits in the cream, and I need the doors and window to stand out don't I? I'm seriously thinking of getting another woodwash in that sage green now and going over all that seagrass colour in that, coz it's beginning to bug me now! Lol!

Yes, a life sized doll's house, and seeing as how I never even had a doll's house as a kid, I've got one all to myself now so I can enjoy my 2nd childhood! God knows what I'm going to put in there, but I grabbed two lovely rattan chairs in Morrisons the other day which are the identical colour of the sides of this, so they'll be going on the decking! I think I'll be putting a couple of dog beds in there and my nice officer recliner chair, oh I can see it all now, glass of vino in one hand, lappy in t'other!!!!
You won't want to go home.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2010, 05:06 PM
I love it, it looks great.
Several years ago I had a friend who lived on a farm. They were not allowed by the NT to paint their house green. The reason being there are too many greens in the country side and they were not allowed to add another artificial green.
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >