View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2009, 10:01 PM
Had another go at filming the dogs, this time from the bike.. Again, not Kismet's top speed, not and try and film! I have started to take Pharaoh along too and he seems to love it.. Doesn't pull, but likes to run along beside or behind Kismet.

I want to get Kismet a better harness. I was looking at the snuggle pets ones. I thought I might get her the high vis one to match the jacket.. If we're going out alone, Kismet wears the jacket. I have a matching orange one one

Hopefully you can see she's still enjoying herself

Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2009, 02:32 PM
Thats great!! Kismet is loving it! Pharoah is exactly the same as Breeze, trots along at the side beautifully. The Snuggle Pets harnesses are very good, Im very pleased with mine.
EnR
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-07-2009, 05:18 PM
I'm waiting to get my new bike for my birthday before we do any serious practise and work/weather has got in the way anyway!

I wondered if anyone uses a headcollar with the Walkydog or is it considered dangerous for the dog's neck? I'm not sure if the spring would be enough to absorb the shock if Rossi decided to lunge at a cat. He may well be too busy running to notice them, though, that's what I'm hoping!
rosegallagher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2009, 05:31 PM
I wouldn't run the dog on a springer/ walkydog in a headcollar, think it can be bad for their neck/ back. Best to use a padded walking harness really. I love running our dogs with the bike , they are mainly @ the front running/ pulling.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2009, 05:53 PM
I agree with Rose, a harness is best.
EnR
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-08-2009, 04:41 PM
Finally got my own bike for my birthday on Friday. I've had such a busy weekend I haven't had time to try it out with the Walkydog until this afternoon, but went out for a quick ride with Rossi to see if he remembered what to do! He got really excited when I put the harness on and got the bike out and seems to enjoy running alongside me.

On to Enzo. Oh dear! He hates being dressed in anything so hid when he saw the harness. I managed to bribe him with sausage and get him outside with the help of my husband. Attached him to the bike and wheeled it for a few feet then got on and rode slowly. He wasn't keen but I thought he was getting used to the idea until he stopped and refused to budge. I knew it was about time he did a wee so unattached him and took him to a bush to do a wee but he refused (couldn't possibly do a wee with that pole attached to him!). I put him back on the bike and tried to ride back but he wouldn't budge and the clamp had moved around to the back of the bike anyway so I couldn't get him back on. I ended up wheeling the bike back and walking Enzo on the pole. He went straight back to his bed looking rather stressed. He is a strange dog and I thought he might take a while to get used to it but I have a feeling this is just not going to be his thing!

I'll try and get my husband to take a photo next time I go out with Rossi.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2009, 08:43 PM
You need to make sure the clamp is VERY tight. My Breeze wont move in a harness, Orey loves it but she HATES anything "on" her. She trots along beautifully wearing a slip collar at the side of Orey.
Greyhawk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2009, 09:57 PM
Please just be careful with the temperatures at this time of year Even now at 11pm it is still 18° here (and we aren't far from Bucks).
EnR
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-08-2009, 12:24 PM
I'm not entirely happy with the Walkydog on my bike. I have to have it an angle pointing towards the back of the bike otherwise it would go straight through my leg, but it moves even if my husband tightens it. After ten minutes the pole is knocking against my leg as I pedal and I can't keep stopping to adjust it. Also, I don't think it offers enough spring if the dog lunges. Enzo nearly pulled me off the other day because he wanted to go and sniff under a tree. I will have to remember to take them over to a bush to do a wee before I attach them to the bike otherwise they keep wanting to stop!

On a plus note, Enzo is quite happy to go out on it as long as he doesn't have to wear a harness. He's a bit slow, though, but he has shorter legs than Rossi who has a nice trotting pace.

I'm thinking of selling the Walkydog and buying a Springer but can't seem to find any UK suppliers. Does anyone in the UK have one and where did you get it?
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2009, 12:32 PM
You havent fitted it correctly and it certainly isnt tight enough if it moves. They are supposed to face backwards otherwise the dog would be level with the front wheels, which of course is wrong. Ive had 3 Borders on mine with no problems at all, Ive re-tightened it once although it didnt need it. Have you used the "padded" clear sleeve under the fitting on your bike?
Page 11 of 15 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 > Last »