View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2009, 12:16 PM

Introducing new Dogsey puppy Eddie, JRTerror..... pic heavy!

Here is Eddie now, we think about 18 weeks old???? He's been with me just over 3 weeks and his teeth are just starting to become very slightly wobbly.

He came from a small private rescue for which my good Dogsey mate Nic had done an emergency foster. He was with a family who were not feeding him, giving him access to water, he was always outside and roaming the streets. He had fleas and worms when he was rescued and was filthy. The impression was of an impulse puppy for the kids who was then chucked in the garden and forgotten due to housetraining and sharp teeth probably.

Here he is before his first bath with Nic....

Nic looked after him so brilliantly and just happened to mention to me about him and about how he needed a home, knowing full well what I feel about JRT's. So after much thought and discussion on all parts we both drove many hours to meet in the middle of England and Eddie came home with us.

We tried the first meeting with my dogs on neutral territory but that was a disaster. Eddie was a wussy and Inca got excited so lots of screaming and over excitement. So he came straight into the house, which thankfully worked with very careful supervision obviously.

Eddie's first evening, meeting the dogs...

First chewy....

I was a little concerned about how Inca, the dominant bitch would react but she went straight into Mother mode and has put up with Eddie hanging off her so much lol...

After hours & hours and hours travelling and meeting the dogs he now knows he's home.....

Eddie is crated at night and only made a little whimper for the first few two nights. He is now in the bedtime biscuit routine with the others and goes into his little crate into his bed til morning. He's a poppet.

He is very food and smell driven, very intelligent and has no fear! He loves his new mummy Inca too.....

Inca checking everyone is behaving.... she has stepped in to stop Eddie humping Tonto but hardly has to do that now anyway as he is learning his manners... and if Tonto gets too rough with Eddie she also steps in, but again that hardly happens now.

He sits like a dream (well done Nic)..... and has also learnt NO (obviously), leave, gentle and wait....

Everyone watching 'Send in the Dogs'.... which they love....

Please note their utter disregard for my broken leg lol.....

He had his second jabs and chipping yesterday and he will be neutered being a rescue, and will have his rear dews taken at the same time, same as Tonto did.
He has huge paws and I think he'll be longer in the leg than Tonto but of a similar coat as is already growing sideburns.

Thanks for looking. It's my first time with three dogs, esp as I am so close to Tonto, but really interesting looking at the group dynamics. Inca is now in the garden whilst Tonto is wrestling Eddie.... then Eddie and Inca will do zoomies whilst Tonto comes and has his Mum time with me. So all in all it's worked out a dream.

Becks
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2009, 12:20 PM
Aww, what an absolute little poppet and such a wonderful story, thank goodness he found a new home with you, its so lovely to see how well they all get on.

I particularly like the way they sprawl over your plaster cast, almost as if it is there for their benefit

Brilliant pics, welcome to dogsey you gorgeous puppy xxx
Greyhawk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2009, 12:28 PM
Congratulations on your new addition - he's a sweet pup!
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2009, 12:35 PM
Aww I am so pleased for you. Eddie is gorgeous and sooooo cute!

I'm glad he's settled into his new home with you and yours.......

Well Done All your dogs are so cute x
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2009, 12:56 PM
He is gorgeous and they all look very happy together
Congrtats on your new little man !!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2009, 12:58 PM
A lovely little chap, who looks like he has settled in well.
alady??
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-08-2009, 12:59 PM
Aw he is so sweet, well done on giving him a forever home, they all sound great together.

Lanie
Tori
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2009, 01:58 PM
Congratulations on your new wee dog he's gorgeous as are your other dogs, looks like he's settling in great to his loving new home, well done you.
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2009, 02:18 PM
it absolutely beggars believe that someone could do that to him. his story really touched me as i have a 14 week old jrt who has transformed my life (for the better!) and i couldn't imagine not having her now.

i'm so thrilled for him that he will never know hunger, fear or loneliness again. you are a star for taking him in.

he's gorgeous and is matching my little lilypig on the cuteness stakes!
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2009, 02:48 PM
Brilliant to see him here....Well doen to both of you!
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >